PDA

View Full Version : Baby Care Centers

DisneyDude1977
01-21-2013, 09:52 AM
Hi! My wife and I will be taking our 3 year old DD to WDW in June for her 3rd birthday. I was just wondering what age restrictions are on the baby care centers and what they are like inside. I was thinking if our DD needed a quick break that might be a good place for her. Thanks for any advice!

MrPeetrie
01-21-2013, 11:06 AM
Baby Care Centers are a great break for little ones, especially if you're going in the Summer. It's air conditioned in there. There's one in each park. They usually have a little play room with a Disney movie on TV. They have a changing room. (I think they have private rooms for breast feeding, but I'm not sure about that.) They have supplies if you run out.

As far as age limit, I am not sure, but my DD was nearly three when we were there.

PinKy
01-21-2013, 11:21 AM
No age limits, although if its crazy crowded with babies and younger toddlers, you may want to opt for an air conditioned indoor show or to stop and get a beverage to take a break. :-). Have fun!

chefmickey3
01-21-2013, 12:56 PM
We used these throughout the years of preschoolers and babies. I think you will find them a nice rest from the heat and commotion of the park. My kids would color and watch the movie or play with the toys. It's a great place to have a snack that you packed. The bathrooms are really clean which is great for kids who are still new to the potty thing or even potty training. We have rode out afternoon storms in these centers as well. They are a wonderful resource for families with small children - not just babies!

lawgirl
01-21-2013, 01:21 PM
We took my son who was about 2.5 YO at the time. The one at Epcot was empty most of the time we were there, except for a mother with an infant. We plan on using them next time, and he'll be almost 3. It's a great place to calm down, and also the restrooms there are very clean and quiet, and a great place to change diapers and/or for potty training kids.

I didn't see an age limit posted. The CMs there were so polite and very helpful.

ANG
01-22-2013, 09:55 AM
I plan to use them as long as possible! Even if your child isn't in diapers, they have an easier bathroom to help smaller bodies. As long as you are respectful to the other kiddos I don't see why a 3 yr old can't use them.

DisneyDude1977
01-22-2013, 05:21 PM
Thanks for the input everyone!

ransam
01-23-2013, 03:56 PM
This may seem like a dumb question. But the care centers don't watch your kids while you go to the park do they for a fee?

Main Street Jim
01-23-2013, 09:34 PM
This may seem like a dumb question. But the care centers don't watch your kids while you go to the park do they for a fee?That is correct :)

Not sure what the whole info is, but, you may want to check into the Neverland Club at the Polynesian Resort. I'm not sure if they have like a "limited" amount of time that you can leave your kids and whatnot, but might be worth checking out :thumbsup:

roses
01-24-2013, 11:35 AM
I just took my 3 year old to them in October - she loved it, there's coloring and books - and it's easier to use the potty for her since they are so small!

Donald A
03-10-2013, 10:11 PM
They are all nice. Epcot and MK are the best but the Hollywood Studios one is pretty small. Lots of changing tables and some high chairs for feeding. We used them a lot on recent trips with our now almost 2 year old.