PDA

View Full Version : Adding an Extra Night - Paying

DisneyGiant
01-20-2013, 05:33 PM
Has anyone ever done this? Let's say you run out of points - and you want to stay one more night.

How much would it cost for a 2 BR?

VWL Mom
01-20-2013, 05:46 PM
Are you totally out of points or just short? Remember you can buy up to 25 points each year from member services, I think it's $15 per point. Or borrow from next year?

If you're looking for a cash reservation, you can check with MS and see if they have any DVC cash rooms available, these are at a discount of 25%. You could also check and see if there are any discounts going on right now you would be able to use.

If booking through MS, ask them to link the cash resv with the points resv. You have a better chance of keeping the same room that way.

DisneyGiant
01-20-2013, 06:17 PM
Thanks so much for the info. I would have to borrow points to add the extra night.

But - I think we might just stay at a Marriott - as we have enough points to do so for free. :)

JMTStone
01-21-2013, 09:33 AM
Remember you can buy up to 25 points each year from member services, I think it's $15 per point.

I've done this. Its nice and easy. We added one night BLT when there was bad weather up north and we had flight delays.

PETE FROM NYC
01-21-2013, 02:14 PM
For last Sept trip, we had a few points leftover. Not wanting to waste them, I called DVC to ask about borrowing some from next year to get an extra night. They said I had to wait-list til 7 month window. Then while on DVC site, I noticed that my leftover points were not showing, I promptly phoned, and was told I got my extra night. But, no one informed me of this.