PDA

View Full Version : TS with 8 yr old

Janmac
01-20-2013, 12:46 PM
What is the nicest, fanciest?, WDW restaurant you would feel comfortable eating in with a well behaved foodie eight year old girl?

Thanks . . .

Jan

Strmchsr
01-20-2013, 01:22 PM
If she's a foodie and well-behaved I'd take her anywhere. I took my 9 year old son to the Brown Derbie. He's a big foodie and loved it. Sent he and my wife to the GF Chef's Table for mother's day last year. He wasn't thrilled with dressing in a full suit, but he did it and loved it.

SBETigg
01-20-2013, 02:10 PM
There are so many choices, depends on her taste. I always like California Grill. She might really like a chef's table/tasting experience though. Citricos does this well, and also Flying Fish. Both are good choices for foodies. I would say Victoria and Albert's, but I think they have an age limit now (11 and up).

CuteAsMinnie
01-20-2013, 06:04 PM
Anywhere!!!!

Enjoy!

:mickey:

BrerGnat
01-20-2013, 06:49 PM
What kind of food does she like?

If she's well behaved, and appreciates good food, you can take her to any of the signature dining places comfortably.

Go for one that has her favorite kind of food.

Or, you can just do California Grill, since she will get a kick out of seeing the fireworks from there (IF she can handle eating dinner that late...fireworks are usually after 9pm).

Kairi_7378
01-20-2013, 06:58 PM
What kind of food does she like?

If she's well behaved, and appreciates good food, you can take her to any of the signature dining places comfortably.

Go for one that has her favorite kind of food.

Or, you can just do California Grill, since she will get a kick out of seeing the fireworks from there (IF she can handle eating dinner that late...fireworks are usually after 9pm).

This. We have had our 4 year old at CA Grill twice, Artists Point, Sanaa, Kouzzina, and Kona with great experiences at all. You might want to ask her what kind of food is her favorite- there is so much variety at WDW that I think you'll find something that she'll enjoy.

Janmac
01-20-2013, 11:23 PM
She likes pretty much anything except what she calls dirty rice because coincidentally she became ill after eating at San Angel Inn one trip. (She was sick for several days but we can't convince her it wasn't food related)

She loves any kind of soup, is partial to Chinese, Japanese, Cajun, Italian, so much variety I finally wised up and looked at menus of restaurants y'all have mentioned here for what I liked rather than what she liked.

Based on the menus, it's kind of a toss up between Yachtsman Steakhouse or Shulas, altho Flying Fish is a close runner up, all of which have availability. Wishes is at 8 pm, early, but Cali Grill has no availability.

Thanks for the suggestions! :thumbsup:

Jan

SBETigg
01-21-2013, 10:47 AM
She likes pretty much anything except what she calls dirty rice because coincidentally she became ill after eating at San Angel Inn one trip. (She was sick for several days but we can't convince her it wasn't food related)

She loves any kind of soup, is partial to Chinese, Japanese, Cajun, Italian, so much variety I finally wised up and looked at menus of restaurants y'all have mentioned here for what I liked rather than what she liked.

Based on the menus, it's kind of a toss up between Yachtsman Steakhouse or Shulas, altho Flying Fish is a close runner up, all of which have availability. Wishes is at 8 pm, early, but Cali Grill has no availability.

Jan

Yachtsman, for me, is lacking that special signature feel. It's my least favorite of the Signature restaurants, though you will find plenty of people with the opposite opinion. Shula's, on the other hand, is very dark wood and old Steakhouse in feel. There's a certain elegance to it, though plenty of masculine touches. It's comparatively expensive, though. Portions are huge, along with the prices. Flying Fish is light, fun, plenty of interesting decorative touches, and I think it would be more appealing to an 8 year old foodie than the other two choices.

You might also consider Tokyo Dining if she's partial to Japanese. Not a Signature dining experience, but very good food with lots of choices on the menu, plus a good view (slightly tree obstructed) of the Illuminations set-up going on outside if you can get a window seat.

VWL Mom
01-21-2013, 11:09 AM
Wishes is at 8 pm, early, but Cali Grill has no availability.

Jan

California Grill is closed from Feb 1 through late summer 2013 for refurb.

We like Narcoossee's too. You can watch Wishes from the deck outside.

PinKy
01-21-2013, 11:10 AM
California Grille or Narcoosee's .

nqi2
01-21-2013, 11:47 AM
WE just looked at the menus and kind of let our 8 year old and 5 year old foodies decide. Have a good time.

Janmac
01-24-2013, 11:19 AM
You might also consider Tokyo Dining if she's partial to Japanese. Not a Signature dining experience, but very good food with lots of choices on the menu, plus a good view (slightly tree obstructed) of the Illuminations set-up going on outside if you can get a window seat.

We are doing Tokyo Dining - thanks for the info. She's liked the other Japanese restaurants she's been to so we're looking forward to this.

Also good to know info about the steakhouses and Flying Fish. Still not easy to decide. :blush:

Thanks for all the great suggestions. :thumbsup:

Jan

NJGIRL
01-24-2013, 03:06 PM
All of them with the exception of V&A