PDA

View Full Version : Solo dining

Crow
01-20-2013, 01:22 AM
since i may now be alone on my trip in 2 wks, if i still go...and i have TIW
what TS places have you eaten at solo and which would you suggest.
ive gone on a few solo trips. Tokyo Dining is a reg stop for me. I would guess places w bars you could sit at and eat.

Capt_redshirt
01-20-2013, 01:39 AM
ive eaten at raglan road and yak and yeti solo they are easy to sit down and enjoy... id like to hear some other options...

January-2007
01-20-2013, 10:29 AM
The Sci Fi Dine In Theater is great since you sit in the car watching movie clips.

Crow
01-20-2013, 12:35 PM
The Sci Fi Dine In Theater is great since you sit in the car watching movie clips.

yes. but do they sit you in the car alone or do you have to share the car.
i have eaten at RR and Y&Y and liked both places. RR has a bar.too bad Y&Y doesnt take TIW. Ive actually eaten in a lot of places solo. i think i would avoid Biergarten, not that i like it anyway, cause they seat you w others. unless you want to associate w others. CG has a bar, FF does i think. the bar at 50s. FLame tree is good and accepts TIW even though its a CS. San Angel ive eaten at both solo and w others. and its dark so people wouldnt notice as much.

Capt_redshirt
01-20-2013, 12:51 PM
you probably would share one of the 6 seater cars with a family of 4 honestly i've not seen that so i couldn't be for certain

magicofdisney
01-20-2013, 12:57 PM
I did a solo breakfast meal at Kona Cafe.

Sylvia
01-20-2013, 01:04 PM
One of my favorite TS for solo meals is 50s Primetime (accepts TIW). There are a number of tables for 2 scattered throughout the various rooms and I've always been seated at one of them. So, even though you're in a room with other guests, you still have "your own space", if you'd rather quietly enjoy your meal.

I've also enjoyed the Plaza Restaurant solo (accepts TIW). There are a number of tables for 2 near the windows, and I've always been seated at one of them with a view of the Castle.

And, I've also enjoyed the Liberty Tavern (at lunch) solo (acceptsTIW). This has become a regular stop on my past few trips. There are a number of tables for 2, and I enjoy the historical atmosphere.

Eating solo in WDW can be enjoyable, since you can do what you want to do, go where you want to go, and, mostly, eat when you want to eat. Enjoy!!

Crow
01-20-2013, 01:37 PM
i try to talk a little to CMs when im there, esp at Epcot places about their 1 yr work time. Prime Time has a bar next door where you can eat also i believe that accepts TIW..Tune In lounge.
Most of my time is spent at Epcot, so thats where i eat most. the Pub in England you can order some food.
Kona has been a few years but i may eat there again.
i also like one fine dining place usually, CG but it wont b open or AP.

Kairi_7378
01-21-2013, 10:16 AM
I'm not a TiW cardholder so if these suggestions don't woth with that please forgive me... I think I'd pick Kouzzina and AP. Our server at Kouzzina was very friendly and she liked talking about the food and the history of the restaurant. Have you tried the new TS restaurant in Mexico? Maybe Yak and Yeti?

Or perhaps you could use this trip to try some things that you wouldn't get to eat at with GF since I think you've mentioned that she was a picky eater.

BriarRose0708
01-21-2013, 10:37 AM
I did a solo breakfast meal at Kona Cafe.

Me too. I had a great server and he never ignored me just because I was solo.

I've done a lot of counter service meals by myself, which is great because you just order for yourself and no one else, sit where you want and not worry about finding room for everyone in your party.

lawgirl
01-21-2013, 01:02 PM
I haven't really had the opportunity to dine solo, but I generally like private, intimate dining. Depending on what kind of food you like, I love San Angel Inn. I thinki because its dark, and I love the mood lighting and atmosphere, and I think it would be a nice choice for solo dining.

I would definitely avoid Biergarten at all costs...I went with a friend, and we were worried about being seated at a table with strangers (it worked out fine for us, but I can imagine sometimes it could be not so pleasant!).

The bar at AKL overlooking Boma is also really great. I believe its called Victoria Falls Lounge, and the bar inside of Jiko is also very nice and intimate, dark lighting. I have dined there by myself and it was very enjoyable.

Crow
01-21-2013, 11:03 PM
didnt know there was a bar at Jiko. knew about the one above Boma but didnt know food there.
theres a few places i could try.

Katzateer
01-22-2013, 08:41 AM
I have not had any bad experiences dining alone at WDW but my favorite is Kona's and California Grill is great. For a solo birthday trip I was seated at the sushi counter and was well entertained.

lawgirl
01-22-2013, 09:22 AM
didnt know there was a bar at Jiko. knew about the one above Boma but didnt know food there.
theres a few places i could try.

I believe (I may be wrong) that they will still serve from the menu. It's officially called "Cape Town Lounge and Wine Bar" and I think its just right inside Jiko. There is a seating area with tables and the bar right past where you check in, to the right. The resort dining page says that you can order an appetizer or order from the full Jiko menu and sit at the bar. Call and check first (don't hold me to it) but it's such a lovely, intimate atmosphere, and I think it would be so perfect and relaxing for solo dining.

And from the Disney website, the Victoria Falls Lounge says it also serves the full menu from Jiko.

Hope that helps!

Crow
01-23-2013, 01:39 AM
I believe (I may be wrong) that they will still serve from the menu. It's officially called "Cape Town Lounge and Wine Bar" and I think its just right inside Jiko. There is a seating area with tables and the bar right past where you check in, to the right. The resort dining page says that you can order an appetizer or order from the full Jiko menu and sit at the bar. Call and check first (don't hold me to it) but it's such a lovely, intimate atmosphere, and I think it would be so perfect and relaxing for solo dining.

And from the Disney website, the Victoria Falls Lounge says it also serves the full menu from Jiko.

Hope that helps!
that is good to know. ill find out soon if ill b going solo..just got CSR booked so idk if ill go to AKL

Scar
01-23-2013, 04:11 AM
http://www.intercot.com/discussion/showthread.php?t=162867

Crow
01-23-2013, 11:40 AM
i remember that thread sorta. we will see if its gonna b solo within the next day or so.

mdricks
01-23-2013, 12:21 PM
Fultons
Narcoossees
Cali grill
Biergarten
Tokyo dining
Bongos

All places i have enjoyed immensely solo.

Have fun!

:number1: