PDA

View Full Version : Diamond Horseshoe

PinKy
01-19-2013, 11:15 PM
Anyone know what times of year the Diamond Horseshoe (quick service/ buffet) is open? (Its seasonal) Thank you!:mickey: oh! Its at the Magic Kingdom!

PinKy
01-21-2013, 11:18 AM
Anyone? Bueller?

I ask because we enjoy the food at Liberty Tree and have been told (by the CMs at LT) that the buffet at the horseshoe is the same menu as the family style at LT. Buffets generally work best for our 3 small wiggly kiddos. I have looked on the Disney site but didn't see any info on it. We kind of have to plan our vacation to a "T" because of the # in our group and I wanted to add this one to our schedule, but again, just didn't know if it would be open.
Thanks!

VWL Mom
01-21-2013, 01:01 PM
Maybe we can help figure out by process of elimination.

We've been there end of June, end of August, and beginning of November for the last 3 years and it has not been open.

PETE FROM NYC
01-21-2013, 02:18 PM
We have not found it open since they stopped doing the show, forget what year.

nqi2
01-21-2013, 02:25 PM
I've never even heard of it. Been 4 times since 2007

mac badger
01-21-2013, 05:28 PM
I've seen in the "news and updates" sections where it has been announced it will be open. It's always at peak attendance times like Christmas and Easter. I wish they would reopen it with the show

PinKy
01-21-2013, 07:55 PM
Thank you! That is helpful - we're going the end of June, so we won't plan on it then. :-). Surprised they aren't open so close to the 4th of July! The parks get crazy-bananas busy then!

:thumbsup:

crltkcagle
01-24-2013, 05:04 PM
They were open for lunch last May as a counter service. Not sure about the ts meal at dinner.

like2workout
01-25-2013, 09:19 AM
i can maybe help narrow it down just a little bit. i was at magic kingdom 9/27-10/3/12. i went for for the tower of terror 10 miler and a halloween party. anyway, i know the diamond horseshoe was open at least 1 day for lunch during that time. i walked by it after having already eaten and couldn't believe it was open. so i planned to go for lunch the next day, and when i got there is was closed that day! so i'd say around 9/28 or 9/29 (the weekend) was probably the day it was open. i hope that helps some.