PDA

View Full Version : Dining Reservation Movement

Airblue1
01-19-2013, 01:13 PM
Instead of emailing concierge and looking up daily for restaurant openings, I thought I would go straight to the experts.
Around how close to the day you are looking for do folks start canceling reservations? In other words if I am looking for a Chef Mickey on 2/09 when should I start the daily looking?
Thanks everyone!
Peace to all:mickey:

Itchy
01-19-2013, 02:26 PM
If you were looking for Chef Mickey I would start looking now as sometimes it is hard to score a reservation. If you need to cancel a reservation I think that it is at least 24 hrs.

A lot of the restaurants require a credit card to secure the reservation, if you are a no show they will charge a given amount for each person on your reservation that do not show up.

You can go on line and book the restaurants that you would like to visit.

I am sure that someone with more expertise will be happy to provide more information.

Happy planning...:mickey:

Strmchsr
01-19-2013, 04:00 PM
Start looking now and check daily. People cancel all the time.

VWL Mom
01-19-2013, 05:36 PM
I agree with the others, start looking now. I've been fortunate at picking up last minute ressies when I check late at night or early in the morning when Disney Dining is not open competing for the prime spots.

Good luck!

Airblue1
01-19-2013, 09:59 PM
Awesome! Thanks
We are actually trying to get a Garden Grill and move our CP. Both haven't had any movement in the past weeks. For some reasons 2/9-2/10 are busy dayzzz!!

CuteAsMinnie
01-20-2013, 06:05 PM
Start looking now and check daily. People cancel all the time.

Totally agree!

:mickey:

DANAM
01-23-2013, 11:49 PM
I would suggest checking several times during the day. I would call on my morning and evening commute to work and during lunch. That was before online adr's. Its much easier now since you don't have to waiting the line for a cast member. I managed to get 'ohana within one week of check in.

crltkcagle
01-24-2013, 04:57 PM
I managed to get 'ohana within one week of check in.

That was a good score! I am trying to get into be our guest and have been checking daily.

magicofdisney
01-24-2013, 06:02 PM
Just last week I canceled a Chef Mickey's breakfast reservation for 2/7. I had no set time in my mind to do this other than the 24hr mark.

In general, it's completely random.