PDA

View Full Version : Something Fun

minnie04
01-17-2013, 09:49 AM
I would like to take my DS (9) to a character dinner when we go. It will just be him and I on this trip. I wanted something fun that he would enjoy. It could be in or out of the parks. What could you recommend?? I was thinking about Chief Mickey’s, :mickey:

Janmac
01-17-2013, 10:34 AM
What characters does your DS like? Is he into Goofy? Or perhaps a movie character like Stitch? Is he more literal or does he enjoy tongue in cheek? Are you locked into supper as opposed to breakfast?

Some restaurants have different characters at different meals. 1900 Park Fare has Mary Poppins, Alice, and the Mad Hatter in the morning while Cinderella, Prince Charming and the Tremaine family are available in the evening.

Another great idea for that age group is a restaurant with a show, as they are starting to get away from hugging characters. One idea is 'Ohana with the coconut race and the hula hoop contest. Our 9 yr old granddaughter chose to be part of the audience rather than participate and had a great time watching. There is a ukulele player, those loooong shish kebabs, and views of the Castle.

Inside a park, if he hasn't already been, is the Biergarten at Germany. The kids in our extended family have enjoyed the entertainment at this restaurant at that age.

Another idea, if it's in your price range, is Hoop De Doo Revue. It's not characters but the entertainment and energy (and volume level!) is over the top.

Our 9 year olds have enjoyed Stitch in the morning at 'Ohana, 1900 Park Fare in the evening, and Cape May in the morning but that was a few years ago. Originally with Admiral Goofy and then surfer Goofy.

For some reason, they are not big fans of Chef Mickeys. :confused:

Jan

minnie04
01-17-2013, 10:47 AM
Thank you Jan,
He is into all the Disney characters he loves all the movie characters as well. I don’t think he would care for all the princess stuff..lol. I think I like the idea of Ohana, he would probably get up if they asked him to participate.. That sounds good for Dinner and then maybe Chief Mickey's for breakfast. He has never been there. (The other two have) shhh