PDA

View Full Version : Disney Infinity game.

caryrae
01-15-2013, 05:22 PM
Just heard of this today. there is a video on the disney website. https://infinity.disney.com/#!/game/release-announcement-video

Disney Infinity challenges Skylanders for toy-based game crown, launches in June HD

By Ben Gilbert posted Jan 15th, 2013 at 4:36 PM

Disney's got a huge stable of iconic characters already immortalized in plastic, but the company's looking to virtualize its lineup with today's announcement of crossplatform game / toy experience Disney Infinity. Like Activision megalith Skylanders, Disney Infinity pairs actual plastic figurines (enabled with NFC or something similar) with game consoles connected to a pad. The pad transmits those characters directly into the game, across any system the game is being played on. Unlike Skylanders, Disney Infinity's pad can apparently add up to three connections at once, allowing for character powerup additions and other in-game bonuses. The first characters available come from Pirates of the Caribbean, The Incredibles, and Monsters University (we spotted Jack Skellington and other biggies in the reveal trailer as well); Disney promises that users will also be able to create their own universes (virtually) inside the game, beyond just playing in themed environments. 20 characters are said to launch with the game when it arrives this June for Xbox 360, PS3, Wii, Wii U, 3DS, PC, and mobile.

AgentC
01-15-2013, 05:35 PM
I saw news on this earlier. I have a feeling it will be on my son's wish list.

He and most of his friends are really into Skylanders. Both playing and collecting the figures.

caryrae
01-15-2013, 05:38 PM
Yeah I have 3 nephews who each had skylanders on their Christmas lists the past couple years.

Capt_redshirt
01-15-2013, 06:10 PM
It does look alot of fun.... but its gonna get expensive fast just like skylanders with the character figures and location figures....

Patricia
01-15-2013, 09:12 PM
Looks like it will be pretty entertaining. Expensive? Yeah, as you collect sets.. it will add up.

The official site is here (https://infinity.disney.com/?cmp=SYN|inf|ANN|InsiderStories|CCP||011513|textli nk|Article|synergyBrand|Synergy|DIS|j#!/game) They have a trailer that that gives you an idea of the many Disney worlds that will be available. I'm pretty sure I saw a Castle and Spaceship Earth as well. :thumbsup:

joanna71985
01-16-2013, 11:28 AM
Ooo, this looks good

Disney4us2
01-16-2013, 02:07 PM
I saw the trailer. Looks great. My DD loves the Skylander so this will fit right in. I just got her the Wii Giants and she can play that for hours.

Glad it comes out in June so I can start my Christmas shopping for that then.:secret:

AgentC
01-16-2013, 03:04 PM
Looks like it will be pretty entertaining. Expensive? Yeah, as you collect sets.. it will add up.

The official site is here (https://infinity.disney.com/?cmp=SYN|inf|ANN|InsiderStories|CCP||011513|textli nk|Article|synergyBrand|Synergy|DIS|j#!/game) They have a trailer that that gives you an idea of the many Disney worlds that will be available. I'm pretty sure I saw a Castle and Spaceship Earth as well. :thumbsup:

Yes, I saw a report today that the game is going to sell for $74.99, individual figures for $12.99, 3 pack figures $29.99, play set packs $34.00 and power disc packs for $4.99.

This is fairly comparable to Skylanders. There games runs from $59.99-$74.99 and figures from $9.99 to $34.99.

It is easy to spend a lot of money quickly. We have easily over $200 in Skylander figures.

Patricia
01-16-2013, 10:20 PM
Oh boy.. That will add up!