PDA

View Full Version : Does anyone know what the new wrist bands are made of??

Itchy
01-14-2013, 03:14 PM
I am curious what material the new wrist bands are made of. I have an allergy to latex type wrist bands and even the buttons on remote controls if I leave my finger on the button to long.

Do you have to wear the band 24 hr a day or can you take them off. Is there an option to the wrist band if they cause an issue such as an allergy.

Thanks in advance for the help..:mickey:

Strmchsr
01-14-2013, 03:53 PM
They haven't unveiled the final version of the wristbands yet so no one knows what they're going to be made of. I would guess they'll be removable. All of the prototypes I saw were plastic and removable. They were a lot like those snap bracelets kids like that are flat and you snap them on your arm and they flex around your wrist. I'm guessing something like that will be the final product, but, again, until it's actually released we won't know.

Capt_redshirt
01-14-2013, 04:04 PM
given how latex allergies are on the rise they wont use anything like that my guess its either gonna be plastic and metal or some sort of silicone rubber (the latter would be ideal) so it doesnt get ruined on water rides and the water parks but whose to say

Itchy
01-14-2013, 04:43 PM
Thanks for all of the info. I guess we will just have to wait and see. The silicone rubber causes some issues with me so I guess I may not be able to wear it all of the time.

Either way I will still be at the Happiest place in the world....:blush:

Thanks again..:mickey:

Wolf
01-15-2013, 12:02 PM
I'm betting they will be like those "cause" braceletts everyone wears or sells lately, they are big enough to not be constrictive but dont fall off, I've worn two for nearly 4 years now (Firefly TV show made by a group called Southeast Browncoats who promote literacy from being pulled from school requirements) but they are not going to be something that really constrict or bind people as well as you could put it on a caribener hook if you just didnt like to wear stuff like that. But thats going to be my guess, I feel certain Disney will give a option to avoid having to wear them if you have allergies but one can never be sure, I think if the cost wasn't too much something like a plastic jelly watch band with a adjustable band would be ideal but I'm not sure if that would be better all around. I'm interested to see and I'd love it if it ended up being something cute and stylish.