PDA

View Full Version : What can you tell me about Contempary Resort's Garden rooms?

Simbajr4ever
01-13-2013, 06:44 PM
Wondering what your experiences have been in the garden wings? Is it quiet? View,
What should we request?
Seems like a fair deal?

Or would you stay somewhere else?

Thanks, simba :mickey:

debbymc4
01-13-2013, 07:25 PM
It's been about 8 years since I stayed there, so maybe things have changed. It was quiet. The rooms were quite large. The only downside was that I didn't really feel like I was at the Contemporary. We were way at the end, which gave a nice view of the water. But, it was a pretty good hike to the main building for the monorail.

BrerGnat
01-14-2013, 08:17 AM
There are a few notable differences in the rooms. The second and third floor rooms do NOT have balconies. The first floor rooms do have a patio.

The ceilings feel lower in the Garden Wings. I am not 100% sure about this, but they seem that way to me. They seem a bit more claustrophobic and dark, compared to the tower rooms. Might have to do with the lack of a large window in the room that you can actually see through (our garden wing windows have always been sort of frosted looking).

Depending on where your room is located, the walk might be long. This was my biggest gripe. Compared to being in the tower, where everything is literally 2 minutes away from your room, and under the same roof.

We stayed in the Garden Wings prior to ever doing the Tower. I'd find it hard now to go back to the Garden Wings. I'd just as soon book a different hotel. I like CR, but what I really like is staying in the tower.

However, it is a stellar deal for being on the monorail and if you don't mind the "downgrade" from the tower, it's a good option.

awaggett
01-14-2013, 11:00 PM
If you had asked me a few months ago, I'd say the garden wing rooms were a great deal. They are large and quiet; decorated same as tower. The walk was a bit long, but close to the pool.

However, in September we stayed in the tower and it was GREAT. Not sure why it was so different, but felt we used the QS more and got much more use out of our refillable mugs. We would get a quick drink at the Outer Rim, sit on the balcony on the fourth floor and watch the castle, etc.

I think the garden rooms are good--but you don't truly experience the Contemporary.

BrerGnat
01-15-2013, 08:36 AM
If you had asked me a few months ago, I'd say the garden wing rooms were a great deal. They are large and quiet; decorated same as tower. The walk was a bit long, but close to the pool.

However, in September we stayed in the tower and it was GREAT. Not sure why it was so different, but felt we used the QS more and got much more use out of our refillable mugs. We would get a quick drink at the Outer Rim, sit on the balcony on the fourth floor and watch the castle, etc.

I think the garden rooms are good--but you don't truly experience the Contemporary.

This post is exactly how I feel! I stayed in the Garden Wing three times before staying in the Tower-MK view. It was honestly like being in a different hotel. Hard to explain why, it just was. I suppose it would be like the difference between staying in a room in a mansion, and staying out back in the pool house.

Marymouse2003
01-17-2013, 01:11 AM
Last time we stayed in Wing was '08. Loved it. Large quiet rooms and we were not far from main concourse, so distance wasn't a factor. I am a big fan of CR, so it's hard for me to say anything bad. Service was great. Oh, I have never stayed in Tower, so can't compare, I'm sure I would get spoiled if I ever stayed in Tower, but I love staying @ CR and wing is such a value compared to Tower. Enjoy, enjoy, enjoy!!!:party:

Goofy4TheWorld
01-17-2013, 08:29 AM
I have only stayed in a Tower room one time, but I washed a lot of laundry in the laundromat located in the Garden Wing, and I am sure that I would enjoy the Garden Wing just fine. All you loose is a balcony view of fireworks, but you can walk to the tower and sneak a peak at those from public areas. The distance was not bad at all, and being able to walk down a flight or two of stairs and being on ground level was much better that the Tower elevators AND the lack of usable stairs at the CR Tower.

jennsky
01-17-2013, 07:17 PM
We stayed in a ground floor room in the Garden Wing for ICOT15. Loved it! We were close to the main building. We did the online check-in and requested 1. a main floor room and 2. to be close to transportation. I totally loved the room location we were given.

Like BrerGnat said, I agree that the ceiling seems to be kinda low and might feel claustrophobic to some but it didn't bother me at all. The room overall was spacious. We took advantage of the little patio we had outside of our room and were only steps from the pool. Remember that the upper two floors do NOT have balconies. It was nice and quiet when we were there. And only steps from the Magic Kingdom!! I would totally stay there again! :thumbsup: