PDA

View Full Version : Best place to eat or best thing to eat

DakotaDisney
01-12-2013, 09:49 PM
I am going to Disneyland in about one week.
I have only been there once before.

Any recommendations on where or what to eat?
What is the best place in each park to eat?
What is the one food item not to miss in each park?
Thanks!:mickey:

DisneyLandMomma
01-13-2013, 06:58 PM
Outside of a couple DTD restaurants, we've never had TS at DLR...we're more snackers than anything else. :)

Our absolute faves at DL are broccoli cheddar soup in bread bowls from the Harbour Gallery across from HM. Yum, yum, yum! :) We also like the food at Plaza Inn, big portions good to share. For our sweet snack, we love to get mickey beignets from the Mint Julep bar in NOS.

At DCA, we LOVE to have, again, soup in a bread bowl at the Pacific Wharf place...is it the bakery,cafe? LOL Also the Mediterrain food at the Boardwalk. YUM! Taste Pilots Grill is pretty good for burgers with their toppings bar.

But our ABSOLUTE favorite place to eat when we are at DLR is White Water Snacks in the Grand California hotel...the nachos are amazing! Big enough to share, you can get steak, chicken, or just cheese...we usually get either one of the meats but on the side so whoever wants to eat them can. My husband loves the chicken sandwiches there also.

IwannabeinNarnia
01-14-2013, 02:33 PM
My friends and I loved Ariel's Grotto. Sit down character meal. The tri Tip was awesome! and the dessert platter was heavenly! We loved eating at the Plaza also. Goofy's Kitchen is fun, and a good buffet. Stitch's breakfast at Paradise Pier was another one we liked. And the beignets are to die for! we loved the ones at Ralph Brennan's in downtown disney..

Elias1901
01-14-2013, 07:31 PM
You MUST eat in Cars Land! The Cozy Cone Motel serves up some ridiculously tasty things... but by far, head on over to Flo's V8 Cafe and go for that tasty piece of meat smothered in Coca-Cola BBQ Sauce.... MMM!!! :eat:

There's NO way you could be disappointed by some of the foods in Cars Land. Disney defiantly did their Mother Road/Route 66 food research over there!!

On the fancier end of things... you certianly can't miss when you go to the Blue Bayou in Disneyland's New Orleans Square or Carthay Circle Restaurant in Disney California Adventure's Buena Vista Street. :thumbsup:

bruin1344
01-15-2013, 01:10 PM
Decent relatively inexpensive (under $25 a plate) table service is severely lacking at DLR. Napolini and Wine Country Trattoria were not very good and yelp/tripadvisor/fodors gave mediocre/poor reviews for most of the restaurants. I even got dinner offsite one night instead.

I had good counterservice at French Market, Hungry Bear, and Jolly Holiday Cafe.

NotaGeek
01-16-2013, 11:21 PM
Hi there -- here are my never miss meals:

DL -- Carnation Cafe for a sitdown, quick and super affordable option is TomorrowLand Terrace -- get the breakfast burrito! (Don't forget the Churro Cart in front of the castle and Bengal BBQ!)

DCA -- Had a very good meal at Cathay Circle, but it's not cheap -- my FAVORITE place is Corn Dog Castle! OMG. :)

DTD - ESPN Zone

DLH - Breakfast at Steakhouse 55 -- for a great character meal Goofy's Kitchen -- a FANCY dinner at Steakhouse 55 is a great treat

For the best way to start your day ... Starbucks inside DCA! :mickey:

jrkcr
02-21-2013, 11:34 AM
In DCA, I like Flos in cars land. We had to dance while placing our order, which was hilarious! We had a window seat looking out onto the neon-lit street after dark, and the food was good "home cooking" with huge portions.

In DL I like to eat at Troubadour Tavern. Big baked potatoes,topped with broccoli and cheese, bacon and sour cream, or BBQ chicken....and they have brats.

Now I am sooo hungry! :eat: