PDA

View Full Version : Future corps?

Going2HeavenRU
01-12-2013, 04:05 PM
I am dating myself here, but why did Disney do away with the Future Corps that used to perform in EPCOT? I have been watching old videos and they were fantastic musicians it's a shame they are no longer around. I am a huge DCI fan and would love to see them brought back. Anyone else remember them?

MickeysBestPal
01-13-2013, 12:05 AM
I am dating myself here, but why did Disney do away with the Future Corps that used to perform in EPCOT? I have been watching old videos and they were fantastic musicians it's a shame they are no longer around. I am a huge DCI fan and would love to see them brought back. Anyone else remember them?

There have been lots of very popular acts over the years at all of the parks that ultimately did not have their Disney contracts renewed.

The details of those contracts (or lack of renewal) are virtually never revealed.

Tekneek
01-14-2013, 06:00 AM

I remember. They recorded an album back in 1991, which is out of print and probably hard to find. There are lots of videos on Youtube though, which you can find from the Wikipedia page.

My understanding is that there are some drum corps vets in the JAMMitors, which still perform in Future World (as far as I know). I also know there are drum corps vets involved with the Orlando Blue Man Group show.