PDA

View Full Version : New Balance and RunDisney

cknorr28
01-09-2013, 06:19 PM
The shoes are really cool. Anybody wanna get the for me? haha I didn't know how to post a photo of them.

New Balance is now the official athletic shoe for Walt Disney World Resort and ESPN Wide World of Sports Complex in Orlando, Fla., and California’s Disneyland Resort.

The Boston sneaker maker signed a multi-year agreement with Walt Disney Parks & Resorts that covers exclusive footwear, co-branding opportunities and running initiatives.

“New Balance and Disney share a commitment to quality and innovation,” New Balance CEO Rob DeMartini said in a statement. “We are proud to work with Walt Disney Parks & Resorts to showcase New Balance’s brand excellence and the benefits of an active lifestyle.”

New Balance also will be the official running shoe for “runDisney” race weekends and the official baseball shoe for amateur baseball events at the ESPN sports complex, where it will be the title sponsor of the track & field facility that hosts the World Cross Country Classic and Disney’s track and field spring training for high school and collegiate teams.

Plans also call for the creation of maps for Walt Disney World Resort running trails and fitness programs for Disney resort guests.

New Balance commemorated the alliance by created a men’s and women’s runDisney 860v3 running shoe said to capture the spirit of Disney characters Mickey Mouse and Minnie Mouse. The limited-edition shoe will be sold at the Walt Disney World Marathon Health & Fitness Expo tomorrow through Saturday, as well as future runDisney Health & Fitness Expos, special events hosted by New Balance and Walt Disney Parks & Resorts, and branded pop-up shops at the ESPN Wide World of Sports Complex.

George Aguel, senior vice president of Disney Corporate Alliances, said the partnership complements the company’s efforts to provide healthy options for families during their Disney vacations.

VWL Mom
01-09-2013, 06:30 PM
The NB 860.3v can be seen here (http://www.rundisney.com/blog/ref/rss/#new-balance-the-official-running-shoe-of-rundisney). Nice shoe!

faline
01-09-2013, 06:38 PM
Wonder if anything like that will show up at their outlet store?

Clay Ransone
01-09-2013, 06:47 PM
I want the shoe in a bad way. With any luck some leftovers show up on the New Balance website next week like the limited edition shoes from Boston did. I have my doubts.

Christine
01-09-2013, 07:04 PM
I sure hope they have these at the expo this weekend!!

Lacy
01-09-2013, 08:43 PM
I too really want a pair and will be anxious to see if they are available anywhere after marathon weekend. I don't think I would try changing my running shoes from Nike but would like to have a pair just for fun and wearing out and about.

roses
01-09-2013, 11:15 PM
Oooohhh I want the ones that have the Minnie Polka Dots! :yay:

BrerGnat
01-10-2013, 08:22 AM
I sure hope they have these at the expo this weekend!!

Christine, this is the ONLY place they will be available.

I expect them to sell out there. These will never make it to their online store, nevermind an outlet.

I like them, sort of, but I think New Balance running shoes are the :thedolls:. I tried a pair from their store after going through their custom fit program, and they were awful! So, no NB for me, not even for walking. :(

arbie_c
01-10-2013, 09:05 PM
I would love to have a pair! Wish they were available online.

Christine
01-10-2013, 10:25 PM
They were out of all sizes except 61/2 and 7 by the time I got there after work. :(

BrerGnat
01-11-2013, 08:10 AM
They were out of all sizes except 61/2 and 7 by the time I got there after work. :(

That's a bummer. I'm not at all surprised, though. I bet you could get a pair on Ebay if you looked... :rolleyes:

wildernesslady
01-11-2013, 03:32 PM
I checked on eBay and saw a pair listed for $299. What did they retail for?

Clay Ransone
01-11-2013, 03:47 PM
I checked on eBay and saw a pair listed for $299. What did they retail for?

From looking at a Disney running blog It looks like they went for $125 a pair. They also have very limited sizes. Around 10 pair in each size of both shoe.

Lacy
01-11-2013, 10:22 PM
Crazy that they were already sold out of standard sizes - didn't they anticipate that they would be popular or is that part of the marketing that they would be very limited edition?

Will be interested if they have these or new designs at other races this year.

BrerGnat
01-12-2013, 09:01 AM
Will be interested if they have these or new designs at other races this year.

I'm sure there will be more. This is only the beginning, I think.

VWL Mom
01-12-2013, 09:21 AM

:(