PDA

View Full Version : I Love WDW and I Have 1501 posts to prove it.

ransam
01-08-2013, 05:17 PM
This is my 1501 post, I wanted to write something special for my 1500, but forgot and replied to some other post, so this will be my 1500+1 post.
My name is Randy, I’ll be 50 in September (I really can’t believe the guy who played football, basketball, played in rock bands, was into everything possible, is turning 50) and I’m a Disneyoligic.
Not sure when it started, but I can’t remember when I wasn’t. Now as an adult, it seems empty when I’m not planning or having a countdown to a vacation. I read the books, I have music on my ipod, my office has Disney stuff all over. I love the learning about Walt, I love reading books about the history of the parks, I love watching Disney movies (old and new), I’ve visited Marceline a number of times. It was part of my childhood as my parents use to always take me….
Because of this more than anything I love visiting the parks. My family understands, and even most of my friends do as well, but most do not.
So what do I love about a visit to WDW and Disneyland?
Well for starters, everything. But to be more specific let me get specific.
I love the journey to get there. The looking for the perfect dates, starting your countdown on your phone or calendar or something similar, then getting the resort, checking the countdown, getting on line trying to find the cheapest airline flights, booking dining, checking the countdown, changing your dining, changing your dining again, making the final payment, checking your countdown, getting your package, packing, repacking, worrying you’re forgetting something, getting on the plane, realizing you forgot something (oh well), getting off the plane in Orlando, walking by all the shops in the airport, getting on the shuttle to go to Magical Express, sitting down on the bus, and the movie starts, and then it hits you, you’re finally here, you sit back, smile and relax.
I would bet this is similar to what all of us experience, but from here everyone has a different experience. That is one of the best things about going to WDW. Want to hit the parks hard, you can do that. Want to have a nice slow relaxed vacation, you can do that. Want to make it cheaper, and stay at the value and eat out of pocket, yep, you can do that. Want a nice fancy vacation in a fancy resort w/ all the luxuries you’ve earned, yep go for it. Want to go w/ the guys and play golf, watch some sports, ride in a NASCAR car, it’s all available. You plan your vacation and it’s all there at WDW.
For me, I kind of combined a hit it hard trip w/ a take your time and enjoy your vacation type trip. When at the park I am usually moving fast, but make sure to take in the details, and the story of the Ques. I let myself sleep in most of the time, but not afraid to get up early for park openings or an early breakfast. I will usually get to the park w/ a plan but very seldom follow it. Usually it’s shot by the afternoon. I always try to get in Orlando and hit the park the first night w/ a walk down Mainstreet, dinner at Tony’s, and then fireworks. Just seems a good way to get my vacation started. I usually end it similar, a walk around MK, a sit on the bench under the railroad, and start to think about my next trip. Everyone has their own way to start and end.
But for the next week, we are in our Disney experience. What’s so special? I’m sure you will all have your own to add, and I hope you do. But to me, what is so awesome is that it’s a place everyone can enjoy. People from all races, ages, social backgrounds are all in the same place and all treated the same. You will see families w/ smiles on their faces, you will see young couples enjoying it, and you might even see a couple people w/ spiked hair, spiked jackets, tattoos all over, and they will be just as immersed in the magic as that family of four. It’s a perfect equalizer. No one is treated different in the park, there is no prejudice, the cast members treat the rich, the poor, the cultures, all the same. Nothing is off limits for anyone, fat kids, skinny kids, handicapped people, everyone can enjoy the magic together. Even the guests, are on their best behavior. Most of us are on our happiest and magical best behavior. People smile and say hi to people you may never talk to if they were even walking by you in your home town. People open doors for one another. It’s ok to talk to that person next to you while waiting for a parade or ride.
The lines may be long, but they usually don’t seen so long cause you know what you’re waiting for.
You can make your vacation what you want. Sure you may come by some rude people, or groups, but they have never bothered me. Who cares, I’m in Disney!!! I’ll get upset on a winter afternoon in Kansas when I can’t get a city planner on the phone when I need him, but I’m on vacation, nothing is going to affect my mood, and I’m not letting anyone ruin my trip on Peter Pan! I’m going to sing on Small World (don’t worry, I sing to myself, lol). I can’t wait to marvel at the new Fantasyland.
I’m 50, but I’m going to get my picture taken with Mickey, Donald, The Princesses, Tiger, Pooh, Tinkerbelle.
I’m going to make new memories, I’m going to make a fool of myself, I’m going to have stories, and pictures.
I could go on, but I’ve gone long enough. Sorry for making this so long.
When people ask me why I keep going back, I explain to them all WDW offers, the feeling, the happiness, the magic, so the real question is why aren’t they going with me! they ask if I get bored by seeing the same old thing, and I explain that in all the time I’ve gone, I haven’t seen it all yet. They keep adding stuff! lol
So what is it about a trip that makes you feel special? What makes you keep coming back. What are your feelings about your experience.

Thank you all for being my partners in Disney. Thanks for all the conversations. Thanks for all the information.
WDW.. See you on February 1st!!!!!

Have a magical day!

lindique
01-08-2013, 05:58 PM
Ransom, you really summed it up nicely. Thanks for sharing!!:mickey:

DisneyGlutton
01-08-2013, 06:21 PM
:party::mickey::congrats::malef:

T-Belle
01-08-2013, 06:34 PM
Ditto Ransam..well said!!!!

MrPeetrie
01-08-2013, 09:58 PM
Ransam, that is a perfect post.

KAJUNKING
01-09-2013, 01:09 AM
wow! i am not 50 but ill be 48 Friday and could not have said it better! i think i will have to copy and paste to Facebook :mickey:

EpcotChic23
01-09-2013, 09:57 AM
Love it :thumbsup:

Janmac
01-09-2013, 10:34 AM
I’m 50, but I’m going to get my picture taken with Mickey, Donald, The Princesses, Tiger, Pooh, Tinkerbelle.

Have a magical day!

:ditto:

Except add a few years. And for this next trip I really will be there for my birthday - complete with pin. Something I've been wanting to do since my 50th.

Even when not at the World I converse with people around me, and mostly they speak with me. I generally try not to let things bother me, even not at the World. Every day I try to look for the joy in the small things.

BUT, at Disney World, it seems easier to skip down the walkway, wear glow in the dark "jewelry", pins with your fav character(s), and, maybe my main enjoyment: Not. Drive. ANYwhere. In. My. Car.

:D

Jan

like2workout
01-09-2013, 10:35 AM
ransam, i leave for disneyworld tomorrow at 8:35 a.m. and if i wasn't excited enough, your post just really got me fired up and ready to go. it's going to be hard to get through work today - lol.

ransam
01-09-2013, 11:24 AM
ransam, i leave for disneyworld tomorrow at 8:35 a.m. and if i wasn't excited enough, your post just really got me fired up and ready to go. it's going to be hard to get through work today - lol.

oh yea, another thing i forgot, how hard the last few days of work are before you leave.

oh and how much i love the days following where the music is still in my head that you hear all day long.
ok, i leave Feb 1. and now i am even getting more excited.

EJS-Houston
01-09-2013, 02:26 PM
You Rock, Ransam! This from a 53-year-old who feels very much the same way you do about his Disney vacations. Congratulations on your Intercot milestone...and have a blast at DisneyWorld next month! I know you will.

Mitzie
01-09-2013, 02:56 PM
"I love the journey to get there. The looking for the perfect dates, starting your countdown on your phone or calendar or something similar, then getting the resort, checking the countdown, getting on line trying to find the cheapest airline flights, booking dining, checking the countdown, changing your dining, changing your dining again, making the final payment, checking your countdown, getting your package, packing, repacking, worrying you’re forgetting something, getting on the plane, realizing you forgot something (oh well), getting off the plane in Orlando, walking by all the shops in the airport, getting on the shuttle to go to Magical Express, sitting down on the bus, and the movie starts, and then it hits you, you’re finally here, you sit back, smile and relax"

You soooo described DH and myself!..I almost feel a loss when all the planning is done and the trip arrives..silly I know. We came into the WDW trip thing a little late in life but I am so thankful I found DH who won't admit it but loves all the planning and trips to WDW as much as me. All I can say is Thank You Lord for providing me the means and opportunity to plan and attend these trips like we have been able to do. Keep them coming!

emerzmom
01-09-2013, 03:09 PM
:mickey: Happy 1501!
:tink:
Julie

MississippiDisneyFreak
01-09-2013, 03:29 PM
Awesome:mickey:

Gator
01-09-2013, 04:24 PM
Could you please be a little more detailed next time? :mickey:

roses
01-09-2013, 05:07 PM
Could you please be a little more detailed next time? :mickey:

:rotfl:

GREAT post! Loved it - makes me want to leave for Disney today! (Well, I always want to leave for Disney - but this really makes me want to just get up and go!) Congrats on your posts!! :thumbsup::yeti:

Tigerinvestigator
01-10-2013, 04:11 PM
As someone who will make their 1500th post in the next 24 hours, I understand your enthusiasm and love for WDW.

My first trip was actually in the womb in 1972 and I have been at least once pretty much every year since and multiple times a year on occasion. My grandparent's lived just a few miles from Orlando growing up so I loved all of the Florida attractions (like Cypress Gardens, Six Flags Stars Hall of Fame wax museam, Florida Festival, Boardwalk and Baseball, Circus World, Silver Springs, Weeki Wachee, Busch Gardens, and Sea World). Now I have my own family with three daughters and a wife who love it as much as I do. My wife made her first visit on our honeymoon in 1995 and has been addicted ever since.

I also enjoy the planning, so much so that I love helping others plan their trips to make the most of their vacations. I love the drive down to WDW and we always try to make some fun stops in route both going and coming home (St.Augustine and Homossassa Springs are a couple of our favorites). I love the arrival and sitting on the balcony knowing you have a full week ahead of you. I love waking up every morning in a different world and not worrying about work, or bills, or traffic (we don't use our car at all at WDW). I love planning our next visit before leaving. I actually really like the familiarity of being at home while on vacation there. It is a combination of the magic of memories made as a child, and memories being made as a parent and husband. I have been in law enforcement for almost twenty years and love to kick down doors and work drug enforcement and interdiction, I love to hunt and fish, and I am not ashamed to say that my favorite times in life are always at WDW with my family!:thumbsup:

ransam
01-11-2013, 03:16 PM
I have been in law enforcement for almost twenty years and love to kick down doors and work drug enforcement and interdiction, I love to hunt and fish, and I am not ashamed to say that my favorite times in life are always at WDW with my family

Just wanted to thank you for all you do to keep us safe!
thanks.

DisneyDawgette
01-11-2013, 11:10 PM
Congrats on 1501, Ransam! :D

You asked "what is it about WDW that you love"? and to be perfectly honest, I had never been able to put my finger on it until my trip in October. I've always LOVED WDW, and my passion for all of it has never ebbed, though so many of the negative posts sometimes try to put it down! In October, it was the first trip I had taken without family or responsibilities (i.e, looking after copious amounts of children in June... don't do it) and I just went with my DBF and a few great friends. DBF had only been to Disney once as a child, but we went twice last year. He pegged exactly why it is that Disney is so great in my eyes: He mentioned that for the first time, he wasn't worried about seeing it all or riding the most thrilling and terrifying new age rides; he said that Disney's attention to detail and tangible charm goes far beyond the expected and surpasses any and all expectations that one may have for a trip. Disney capitalizes on magic, and as long as that's their means, I'll keep going. :mickey:

kbean
01-12-2013, 11:58 AM
I love Disney and my Disney Visa card can prove that.

caryrae
01-17-2013, 11:18 AM
I'm gonna be 40 in June and still love going on a Disney vacation. I love the planning before, picking a Resort, booking Airfare, deciding what parks to go to, getting tickets, making payments towards Resort, all the little things that happen until the trip starts. It's almost as fun as the trip itself, almost. Then when you get off the airplane in Orlando is an awesome feeling as well. We always rent a car so I love the excitement as you get closer and closer and start seeing billboards for the Parks, then finally driving into the WDW area and finding the Resort, even checking in is fun. Then most times we will go to DTD the 1st day and wander around because we are too tired from traveling to go to a Park. I just love how much there is to do and you don't have to drive far to do any of it.

Cheshire_Girl
01-17-2013, 12:39 PM
I only live an hour and a hlaf away...and still, when i k now I'm going to be headed tot he world, I am excited for days!!
And when I am having a bad day-I sit and stare out my window and rememeber if I really need that Happy place (the tiki Room is my happy place) I can jump in the care and be there, on the bench, listening to the flwoers croon, in just under 2 hours...But guess what. It doesn't make it any less magical for me. And somedays, it's just really hard to have a regular 9-5 job
Thanks for the post. I just found my Disney love in the last year or so. It's nice to know it sticks around and that I will have friends just like me as the years pass....
I hope this is your most magical trip yet!

ransam
01-18-2013, 03:07 PM
I've always wondered if living close would take some magic away. If i could just drive an hour or so, it be awesome, but may be rundundant.
It's good to know that for you it hasn't.