PDA

View Full Version : You're in Charge

DisneyGiant
01-08-2013, 09:31 AM
I've been thinking - a lot of things need updating in our world.

Here's the scenario - you're in charge to update one area\attraction - but you only have a budget for one.

Which one is your highest priority? :mickey:

ransam
01-08-2013, 10:02 AM
I would do away w/ the Stitch's Escape ride/show.

or.

I would work on a new 4-D show to replace EO. Not a honey i shrunk the kid, but a completely new show.

BigRedDad
01-08-2013, 11:25 AM
There are many things that need to be changed. However, their focus is not on those things. Their focus is on DVC, FLE, Avatar, and My Magic +. Everything else is just retouching.

For me, this is what needs to be done:
General: Improved bus systems using a kiosk system to identify need and demand.
MK: FLE is the focus
AK: Avatar is the long term focus
DHS: Definitely need more family type rides.
Epcot: A new country would be nice, but more up front is necessary. Innovations are neat, but a lot of wasted space IMHO. They could put in an excellent new 4D experience somewhere.

polarbear72834
01-08-2013, 12:27 PM
I'd like to see a ride in FL that centers around mickey ,minnie, goofey, pluto, and such for the little ones. Something like it's a small world except with the disney characters . The little kids would love it. And so would this old big kid.

PopPhan
01-08-2013, 01:16 PM
I voted for the Imagination Pavilion, but what i would really like to see is something done about/for the Wonders of Life Pavilion other than using it as an 'event center'....They could use the Odyssey Restaurant/Pavilion for events.

MississippiDisneyFreak
01-09-2013, 08:27 AM
I voted to add a new country to WS but I also would like to see a new attraction at DHS

Jared
01-09-2013, 08:51 AM
It's a tough call. I'm torn between fixing Hollywood Studios and giving the entire resort a property-wide transportation upgrade.

With the Studios, the obvious solution is to expand Pixar Place. Put a clone of Radiator Springs Racers in the Backlot Tour space, build the long-awaited Monsters, Inc. door coaster, add a surface ride themed to Up. If I could really be greedy, let's also add the Ratatouille dark ride from Paris.

But functionally, I'm not sure how Walt Disney World can continue to exist without infrastructure improvements. The monorail system is a complete disaster and needs a overhaul. A new fleet of monorails and watercraft, along with better, more reliable, is crucial for the future of the resort.

The new attractions are a lot sexier, though.

ANG
01-09-2013, 09:05 AM
I voted add to HS. DH and I use to love it, but now it's harder with small kids to sit for most of the shows. Would be nice to see another ride even the young ones can go on.

Mitzie
01-09-2013, 11:39 AM
I voted other. Mine is pretty simple. I would love to see a new film installed in Sorin. Something that reflects the WS..Just picture flying over the Great Wall of China or Big Ben..the options are limitless!

sportsguy2315
01-09-2013, 03:28 PM
I voted other. Mine is pretty simple. I would love to see a new film installed in Sorin. Something that reflects the WS..Just picture flying over the Great Wall of China or Big Ben..the options are limitless!

Disney was going to make Soarin' a World Showcase ride at first, but they couldn't decide where to put it.

As for me, as selfish as I want to be with Epcot and DHS, I have to agree with Jared in reforming the transportation system. As much as I like the boat transportation, I don't think they've been upgraded much since they got installed so a brand new fleet would be in order.

The buses are a tad better, but to keep up with Walt's vision I would mandate that they run on a cheap, yet efficient form of alternative energy while also making it more like a public transit system with scheduled pickups and schedule updates.

As for the monorail? If those "million dollars a mile" stories about track are true, I'd rather just upgrade the fleet.

Gator
01-09-2013, 04:19 PM
As much as I'd love to see a new Israel or Russia pavillion at Epcot, DHS is in desperate need of something new. Maybe kicking out some walls and expanding around Star Tours to make a new Star Wars land. It needs something else to attract me back for that second day.

DisneyGiant
01-09-2013, 11:43 PM
It's a tough call. I'm torn between fixing Hollywood Studios and giving the entire resort a property-wide transportation upgrade.

With the Studios, the obvious solution is to expand Pixar Place. Put a clone of Radiator Springs Racers in the Backlot Tour space, build the long-awaited Monsters, Inc. door coaster, add a surface ride themed to Up. If I could really be greedy, let's also add the Ratatouille dark ride from Paris.

But functionally, I'm not sure how Walt Disney World can continue to exist without infrastructure improvements. The monorail system is a complete disaster and needs a overhaul. A new fleet of monorails and watercraft, along with better, more reliable, is crucial for the future of the resort.

The new attractions are a lot sexier, though.

All very excellent points! I voted for Imagination because it just burns me up that it is a former shell of its once great self.

But - yeah - I want to ride SAFE transportation (I was on a bus that hit the car in front of it)......

And yes - they need to expand Pixar Place big time - and really get rid of Lights, Motors, Action - and replace it with some things WE can ride. :)

Thanks for all the responses folks.

DisneyGiant
01-09-2013, 11:45 PM
As much as I'd love to see a new Israel or Russia pavillion at Epcot, DHS is in desperate need of something new. Maybe kicking out some walls and expanding around Star Tours to make a new Star Wars land. It needs something else to attract me back for that second day.

Good point about Star Wars. They stuck that Jedi training in such a small area... They could do so much more there.

And I'd even be for moving out Indiana Jones - its so dated now.

c&d
01-10-2013, 08:28 AM
I chose other. I would spend the money on getting all the current rides back in great shape. Everything working like they were meant to work, fresh paint.

DigitalDaredevil
01-13-2013, 02:58 AM
I agree with something being done to the Wonders of Life Pavilion.

Caroleh
01-13-2013, 07:24 AM
When we were at WDW in Oct. we did the unDISCOVERed Future World tour, our tour guide had told us that they have plans to change Soarin'. He said that they would like to expand it and make it like Star tours, but then again I really don't think it's their main focus. Of course, he also did talk about the plans to expand the monorail.

I would like to see changes in Imagination. EO needs to be removed. With Walt's imagination that attraction should be spectacular. There is SO much that they could do. They need something to simulate the imagination without the use of technology. It is missing in today's society, very few people use their imagination these days...and some people that have an imagination needs to learn to turn it off(I'm talking me here!!)

darthmacho
01-13-2013, 03:33 PM
If I was in charge, I'd make DHS a priority by adding some movie-themed rides, building a Star Wars themed land around Star Tours, including a Cantina, and filling in some of the blanks where things are lacking a bit. This park has so much potential and wasted space.

Plan B would be to inject some actual Imagination into the Epcot pavilion bearing that name. Replace both Captain EO and JIYI with two state of the art attractions with an Imagination theme that includes Figment, of course.

Crow
01-13-2013, 08:19 PM
new country, since i spend most of my time at Epcot

finaldynasty
01-13-2013, 09:11 PM
I think that the Imagination Pavilion needs some needed attention...get on it right away...then DHS next....then AK....:mickey:

stephicakes
01-14-2013, 05:59 AM
I voted for HS as well. SOMETHING needs to be done there... :confused:

indytraveler
01-14-2013, 10:14 AM
My vote was for the update to the Imagination area. We have to go back to the 1980's for our imagination? Doesn't it sit in Future World at Epcot? :D Same with Figment. Give him an update as well as the after ride interactive area.

A new infrastructure would be nice too. Not sure how to pull that off.

bruin1344
01-14-2013, 01:15 PM
Voted for new attraction to DHS but I would rather see a new attraction in AK.