PDA

View Full Version : New Year's Eve Fireworks

DANAM
01-07-2013, 05:18 PM
Everyone says MK and EP are nuts for midnight but what about DHS? I saw this year they did a New Years Eve fireworks show in addition to Fantasmic! Would anyone recommend DHS to avoid some of the New Years Eve crowds?

faline
01-07-2013, 06:26 PM
Once upon a time, they used to have a fireworks show at Disney Studios. Now, they only do it on New Year's Eve. If anything, regulars might be likely to select this park on New Year's Eve because it's the only opportunity to see a fireworks show at this location. I would expect this park to be very crowded as well on that evening.

hbell
01-07-2013, 09:32 PM
We have gone to DHS for the past two years on New Year's Eve. It's still crowded, but no where near as crowded as MK and EPCOT. It's a great place to be!

DANAM
01-08-2013, 11:16 AM
Thanks! I think we will end up at DHS but what time should we arrive? I know parks fill up quick that day.

faline
01-08-2013, 12:07 PM
Thanks! I think we will end up at DHS but what time should we arrive? I know parks fill up quick that day.

For New Year's Eve, I always tell folks to arrive as early as possible during the day and plan to stay for the duration.

Tigerinvestigator
01-08-2013, 03:23 PM
We were there last year for the countdown and it was extremely crowded but we left Epcot because it seemed dangerous it was so crowded. I have a picture taken at DHS right at midnight from near the hat back towards the entrance gate and I guarantee you could not have put another person in there. That being said it was fun and it emptied out immediately after the countdown. It was a very festive atmosphere.:thumbsup: