PDA

View Full Version : 12 year old picky eater

luvkatiebug
01-06-2013, 05:13 PM
When we travel to Disney this summer, my 12 year old would most likely eat nuggets, cheese pizza and so forth. What are the rules for her ordering off the kids menu at least some of the time. I realize on a buffet I will pay the adult price for her, but what if we are ordering a regular meal? Thanks.:mickey:

VWL Mom
01-06-2013, 05:27 PM
You should have no problem ordering from the kids menu. They will also make a larger portion of something on the kids menu if your picky eater is a big eater. For instance mine would order an adult size portion of chicken nuggets (they would charge accordingly). Disney is also very good about serving things plain or serving so things don't touch too, just ask.

Pirate Granny
01-06-2013, 09:39 PM
That will work if ONLY you don't get the dining plan....

luvkatiebug
01-07-2013, 09:56 PM
No dining plan for this trip.
:mickey:

BrerGnat
01-08-2013, 08:40 AM
The only potential problem you may have is that the kids meals are impossibly small portions for a 12 year old. Honestly.

We recently went to Disneyland and a couple times, had to order our SIX YEAR OLD a meal off the adult menu, because the kids portions were insanely tiny. Kid's hamburgers, in particular, were about the size of a slider. For $2 more, next time, we just got him the hamburger off the regular menu.

At WDW, the kids meals are similarly small. They really aren't appropriate portions for a 12 year old, unless she eats like a bird. So, be forewarned.

Most places can make up something plain, a grilled cheese (even if it's not on the menu), etc.

Some sit down places not owned by Disney on property might not let your 12 year old order a child's meal. Like, some of the World Showcase or Downtown Disney places might have more strict rules (I know Rainforest/T-Rex are pretty specific about the age, although it may be 12 and under at those places).