PDA

View Full Version : Coming to the Fantasyland Theatre

tinkwest
01-04-2013, 04:39 PM
from the Disney Parks Blog

Discover the Secrets of ‘Mickey and the Magical Map’ This Summer at Disneyland Park

posted on January 4th, 2013 by Shawn Slater, Communications Manager, Walt Disney Parks and Resorts Creative Entertainment

Back in August, we told you our Creative Entertainment team was developing a spectacular live entertainment experience for the Fantasyland Theatre at Disneyland park. Today, I’m thrilled to share with you some more details about this amazing new show, “Mickey and the Magical Map.”

The wise sorcerer Yen Sid tells of a wondrous map – one unlike any other – with the power to take dreamers to any place imaginable. But when young apprentice Mickey Mouse attempts to paint the map’s one unfinished spot, he stumbles into a fantastic adventure through worlds of music, color and beloved characters, as he discovers the mystery of the map’s magic!

“Mickey and the Magical Map” debuts in summer 2013 at Disneyland park. Stay tuned to the Disney Parks Blog in the coming months for more on the show, as well as additional details about the all-new Fantasy Faire, opening this spring.

I am glad to see a theatrical type presentation back in the Fantasyland Theatre. This show makes me think of "Animazement" with the nod to many Disney movies.

DizneyFreak2002
01-04-2013, 07:26 PM
I was reading this and it sounds pretty darn good... Oh I wish WDW's MK would get a good show LOL...

Me thinks I'll have to figure out a way to Disneyland one day... Kind of hard when you don't fly... :(

NotaGeek
01-04-2013, 09:50 PM
NICE! I can't wait! :mickey:

tinkwest
03-13-2013, 09:50 PM
The all-new live show “Mickey and the Magical Map” will open at the Fantasyland Theatre on May 25, 2013.