PDA

View Full Version : Can TS ALWAYS be used for QS?

January-2007
01-03-2013, 12:12 AM
If we get lucky and are offered Free Dining during our vacation dates this year I am going to go for it. The quick service plan would be fine, but for only $350 more I could upgrade to the standard plan, so that's like, 3 dinners and we've broke even.

My question is this: can Table Service credits ALWAYS be used to Quick Service meals, or do they have to be used for Table Service only? We will be going for my son's 4th birthday and he may only want to go to three sit down restaurants, so I want to make sure that we could use Table Service credits for quick service meals.

Thanks in advance for any helpful suggestions!

Pirate Granny
01-03-2013, 01:11 AM
Under the rules TS cannot be used for CS...however people have reported that they found a CM who would do the exchange, but I wouldn't count on it.

BrerGnat
01-03-2013, 08:02 AM
You can't "for sure" use them. It's actually not allowed to be done unless there are extenuating circumstances outside of your control that would prevent the proper way of use. Like, if you had a TS reservation, and a hurricane was bearing down on Disney World, and the park you had the reservation was in was closed for the day, and you were stuck at a hotel...THEN, you could use a TS credit for a CS meal at your resort. That's an example. Because CMs do have the power to "convert" credits, you might hear of a CM doing it every once in awhile for someone. However, it's not normal protocol.

SBETigg
01-03-2013, 10:15 AM
I wouldn't count on it. As other posters have said, it has happened, but it's not the norm. In most cases, you won't be able to convert TS credits to QS or QS to snack. In some cases, it happens, but it's not the usual and more frequently not allowed.

PinKy
01-03-2013, 04:14 PM
I agree with the previous posters that I definitely wouldn't count on it- but I have done it several times with no problem. Usually, we've been close to the end of our stay and too tired to trek out to a sit-down meal and just want to do quick service. All cast members that we encountered were very understanding...

January-2007
01-04-2013, 10:58 PM
Wow I am sooo glad I asked! I had no idea, as from what I've read it seemed like it was a normal thing people always did. We will be travelling in October for DS's 4th birthday so a lot can change between now and then and I will just have to be sure the gauge how well he does at sit down restaurants while we're out and about. Thanks everybody for giving me the inside scoop! DH and I only did the DP one time back in 2007 and it's a whole different world now, both with the changes in the DP and the changes to our family having a little one.