PDA

View Full Version : Enchanted Tiki Room

Zip-a-Dee-Doo-Da Disney
01-02-2013, 10:56 PM
I just learned that the Enchanted Tiki Room is no longer " Under New Management" HOORAY!
Im very glad it back to just the Tiki Birds instead of with Iago and Zazu.

MickeysBestPal
01-02-2013, 10:59 PM
I just learned that the Enchanted Tiki Room is no longer " Under New Management" HOORAY!
Im very glad it back to just the Tiki Birds instead of with Iago and Zazu.

I liked both versions.

On many threads discussing the change of the show, I've seen a lot of posts from guests who find the "new" (nearly original) version of the show too "slow and boring."

No way for Disney to please everyone on this attraction.

ibelieveindisneymagic
01-03-2013, 08:23 AM
Exactly! I'm one of the people who had only known the "new" version, and finds the "old" version just terrible ... I guess it is all what you're used to and expect.

No more singing birds for us!

phillydan
01-03-2013, 11:50 AM
This is just one of those attractions that I can not get into. I found it to be dated and boring.

Stu29573
01-03-2013, 11:55 AM
Hmmmm, well I for one will be more than happy to sing like the birdies sing......without the horrid, crass overlay. :thumbsup:

TheVBs
01-03-2013, 12:19 PM
We enjoyed both. The girls got a kick out of the whole Iago thing, but seemed to like the "new" version.

Cheshire_Girl
01-03-2013, 02:36 PM
I love the Tiki Room. It is my happy place. I don't sit thru it everytime I'm there..but when I'm feeling down and need some comfort, it is the Tiki Room I seek.
I never had to endure the "New Management"...I don't think I would have enjoyed it. Lago annoys me greatly!
I want to go where the Birds sing words and the Flowers croon...

bmj721
01-03-2013, 03:03 PM
We were there in September 2012 and did not know they had changed back. Even though originally I enjoyed the update, after seeing it over and over, it had become tedious. I found it pleasantly refreshing to see it had returned to the birds. :thumbsup:

ransam
01-04-2013, 05:16 PM
A few years ago i took my much younger cousins to DL.
I live in Kansas City, and they all are from San Diego. So my family had driven to San Diego, with me doing most of the driving. by the time we got there, we slept a few hours and headed to DL. I was pumped to go to go the Tiki. It just brought back good memories of my youth.
My cousins were not interested at all, but went w/ me to the show anyway.
Now understand, I had been driving for 2 days, hadn't had much sleep, and had some other stressful situations. So we sit in the Tiki room and in the air conditioning I fell fast asleep.
To this day, they don't remember me taking to DL or the many things i bought them, they remember i fell asleep in the Tiki room....it comes up often in family gatherings when i look tired or something, "hey you should go get some sleep, try the tiki room"... it's kind of funny.

Keneva
01-05-2013, 08:48 PM
I first saw the Tiki Room at DL in 1968. It was magical and it's never been the same since. New or old Mgt. Maybe it has something to do with my age.....

DisneyDawgette
01-05-2013, 10:38 PM
I took our kids from the group of 3rd-6th graders we brought with our church this summer to the Tiki Room, and I practically faced a mutiny afterwards from far more than half of them. It just goes to show how much you either love or hate this ride! :thumbsup:

LudwigVonDrake
01-13-2013, 11:11 AM
I was so happy to see the "original" version back in action! I love the Tiki Room!!! :tikki:

kbean
01-13-2013, 12:31 PM
I just wish they do something about all that bird poo.

roses
01-18-2013, 07:47 PM
This past Oct was the first time I've actually watched the show :blush: It was really cute!

Gator
01-18-2013, 08:10 PM
The new/old version is quite dull now. My kids were mad becaue Iago was gone, and it was boring to the adults.

It's become the Universe of Energy of MK.

Main Street Jim
01-18-2013, 09:00 PM
The new/old version is quite dull now. My kids were mad because Iago was gone, and it was boring to the adults.

It's become the Universe of Energy of MK.:(

This attraction is *classic* Walt. :mickey: It was *the* original Audio-Animatronics show at Disneyland. I *love* this version over the "New Management" show. I dunno. I just couldn't stand Gilbert Gottfried's screaming.

Sylvia
01-18-2013, 10:32 PM
:(

This attraction is *classic* Walt. :mickey: It was *the* original Audio-Animatronics show at Disneyland. I *love* this version over the "New Management" show. I dunno. I just couldn't stand Gilbert Gottfried's screaming.

:ditto::ditto::ditto::ditto::ditto:

I'm so glad the original show is back. The last time I was at Disneyland, I sat through the show several times, each time enjoying a Dole Whip, and loved every minute of it.

Elias1901
01-19-2013, 04:04 AM
I for one enjoyed both versions whole-heartedly. I grew up with the Under New Management version -- so I'm partial to it. However, now that I'm older and have seen the classic at Disneyland in California... I would have preferred if the original stays in Disneyland and the Iago & Zazu version stayed in the Magic Kingdom. That way, they'd at least be different.

I guess I would've enjoyed the old show returning to Florida more if they would have put back the *WHOLE* show, instead of just most of it. I was almost shocked to find out that they edited the musical track and didn't put the enchanted fountain back in the center of the room!

I bet'cha ten bucks that Uh-Oa (I think that's how it's spelt?), the Tiki Godess of Disaster animatronic is still residing in that central planter. Of course, I could be wrong. What about the secondary Iago animatronic that would pop out of the wall near the exit when the show was concluding? I wonder if he's still back there....... *sigh*

I actually haven't seen the old version's return to the Magic Kingdom personally yet. Does anybody know what they did with Iago & Zazu's entrance holes in the roof? Are the completely removed and sealed now? Any pictures of the changes online at all? I'd be interested in seeing them!

Main Street Jim
01-19-2013, 08:53 AM
I guess I would've enjoyed the old show returning to Florida more if they would have put back the *WHOLE* show, instead of just most of it. I was almost shocked to find out that they edited the musical track and didn't put the enchanted fountain back in the center of the room!

I bet'cha ten bucks that Uh-Oa (I think that's how it's spelt?), the Tiki Godess of Disaster animatronic is still residing in that central planter. Of course, I could be wrong. What about the secondary Iago animatronic that would pop out of the wall near the exit when the show was concluding? I wonder if he's still back there....... *sigh*

I actually haven't seen the old version's return to the Magic Kingdom personally yet. Does anybody know what they did with Iago & Zazu's entrance holes in the roof? Are the completely removed and sealed now? Any pictures of the changes online at all? I'd be interested in seeing them!The fountain was removed completely - all of the plumbing, electrical work, everything - to be replaced by Uh-Oa.

That secondary Iago over the doors, I believe, is the one that, uhhh...."exploded"...for real, and basically is what caused the "New Management" show to go "on hiatus". There are YouTube videos, but not sure of any current *pictures* of the openings being permanently sealed off.

Quadstriker
01-19-2013, 01:49 PM
If you like to listen to Gilbert Gottfried yelling into a microphone, your opinion on entertainment becomes invalid.

Elias1901
01-21-2013, 02:06 AM
The fountain was removed completely - all of the plumbing, electrical work, everything - to be replaced by Uh-Oa.

Is there any signs that she is still sitting in hiding in the central planter? And sure, all that may have been removed, but in any overhaul worth doing isn't limited by having to "redo" things that were removed. At least in my opinion... it couldn't have been all that hard to put it back there.

But... I suppose that Disney wouldn't be interested in pouring too much cash into something that isn't an E-Ticket attraction

nfrustaci
01-21-2013, 01:59 PM
I have only ever seen the under new management one in wdw fl. have been going every year for 13 years and only just viewed it on our last trip since it was a long 10 day trip. will be interesting to see the differences from the new to the old.