PDA

View Full Version : Question about "gifting" a reservation

dixielandings
01-02-2013, 02:27 PM
Hey there -

I just found out that some friends of ours received a gift from her boss (a DVC member) of a stay at VWL. The trip is this Monday and my friend has not been able to make any ressies, even MagExp, because she doesn't "own" the reservation. She has the confirmation number, her family's names are on the reservation, etc. - she even has her boss's social - but Member Services is telling her she needs a PW to access it. The problem is that her boss is - in her words - exceedingly "flighty", and she hasn't responded to my friend's requests to help her make the proper arrangements.

Does this sound familiar to anyone? DH and I have not yet tried to transfer points in any way so it's all new to me. I want to help my friend but I'm afraid the only person who can fix this is the flighty boss. Any thoughts?

Thanks!

faline
01-02-2013, 02:31 PM
Anyone should be able to make dining reservations when they are so close to the trip - with or without a room reservation. I believe the boss would need to handle the Magical Express piece for them.

dixielandings
01-02-2013, 02:40 PM
Thanks. I'll pass that along.

They're also supposed to getting DDP with this ressie - we'll see.

VWL Mom
01-02-2013, 02:55 PM
If she has the confirmation number she should be able to pull it up on the WDW site and see what's booked and if it includes the DDP. If the res does include DDP it would need to be booked and paid for three days in advance. I don't think it would show ME but at least she could confirm she is booked.

The member would need to make ME arrangements for her and that could be done either online or over the phone.

MS will not talk to a non-member but there is no password so I'm not sure who she is calling.

peemagg
01-03-2013, 11:58 AM
If she has the confirmation number she should be able to pull it up on the WDW site and see what's booked and if it includes the DDP. If the res does include DDP it would need to be booked and paid for three days in advance. I don't think it would show ME but at least she could confirm she is booked.

The member would need to make ME arrangements for her and that could be done either online or over the phone.

MS will not talk to a non-member but there is no password so I'm not sure who she is calling.

My guess is they are trying to go thru the DVCmembers website. Without the members password, they won't get very far on there.