PDA

View Full Version : I Pad and Facebook question

Katzateer
12-31-2012, 08:52 AM
I am having trouble with my Facebook browsing. When I look on my page I can not scroll down to look at posts- the page just shuts down and goes back to the main screen with the available apps

Anyone else have this problem. Thanks for any advice - very frustrating!!

Strmchsr
12-31-2012, 09:42 AM
I had a similar problem on my Galaxy S2 phone 3-4 months ago. Had to uninstall and reinstall the Facebook app. Apparently one of the updates just didn't go through right. In general, though, Facebook is working fine on the iPad. I'm having no problems with it.

TinkerbellT421
12-31-2012, 09:46 AM
Have you made sure to close out any and all programs running in the background? I had that issue and I had to clear them out and it worked fine. There are also sometimes where the app acts up and I have had to either uninstall and reinstall like Stormchaser said. But usually before I go through that I make sure to close out all programs running in the background most of the time that works (no idea why, lol)

MNNHFLTX
12-31-2012, 11:37 AM
I have had that problem, not just with FB but also while surfing the Internet. It's happened on my iPhone too. I tend to think it's a problem with the browser. Fortunately it doesn't happen that often and when it does, turning my iPhone or iPad off and back on again clears it up.

Melanie
12-31-2012, 11:38 AM
I've been having that issue quite often lately with my iPad, but I have a first generation and it's no longer supported by updates. It's acting it's age. ;) And this isn't only happening with FB, but also Words with Friends, which I play a lot on my iPad.

Katzateer
12-31-2012, 11:42 AM
I've been having that issue quite often lately with my iPad, but I have a first generation and it's no longer supported by updates. It's acting it's age. ;) And this isn't only happening with FB, but also Words with Friends, which I play a lot on my iPad.

I have the first generation iPad also and hope to get a new one.

Thanks for the suggestions!

Joannelet
12-31-2012, 02:12 PM
When the apps start acting up like that they have updates that you need to do. Once you do the updating they go back to working fine.

Melanie
12-31-2012, 02:19 PM
When the apps start acting up like that they have updates that you need to do. Once you do the updating they go back to working fine.

That's the thing. Like we said, we've got first generation iPad's and most updates aren't supporting IOS5, I think it is???? When Apple came out with IOS6, the first iPad was sadly left out in the cold. :(

Joannelet
12-31-2012, 02:22 PM
Oh gosh.... That stinks!

MNNHFLTX
12-31-2012, 02:49 PM
That's the thing. Like we said, we've got first generation iPad's and most updates aren't supporting IOS5, I think it is???? When Apple came out with IOS6, the first iPad was sadly left out in the cold. :(I don't think it has to do with iOS or app updates necessarily. I have the latest edition of iOS 6 on my 2nd gen iPad and all my apps are up-to-date and it still happens every once in a while.

MNNHFLTX
12-31-2012, 02:56 PM
I was just looking online and apparently this frequently happens to other people too. Some techies relate it to a lack of usable memory on the device and recommend shutting down apps running in the background. If that doesn't work, turning the iPad off and back on. If that doesn't work, resetting the iPad. Of course, that might not be the only reason this happens, just thought I'd mention what I found out.

Katzateer
12-31-2012, 03:06 PM
My iPad is shut down - think I will let it stay that way until tomorrow. Thanks!