PDA

View Full Version : Torches in Epcot

tadcd
12-30-2012, 10:42 PM
We were planning a 4:45 pm and a 5:30 pm dinner at Least Cellier and Biergarten in early February. Our son who is 2 yrs old has a very strong fear of fire. Does anyone know the timing of when the torches are lit? Is it at dark which will be around 6 pm or later closer to the start of Illuminations? I may need to modify our plans...

:(

spinnerf
12-31-2012, 06:46 AM
They are lit before illuminations. I'd say at about 30 min prior to be safe. Definitely not at 6 and not just because its dusk or dark.

Strmchsr
12-31-2012, 08:15 AM
They are lit before illuminations. I'd say at about 30 min prior to be safe. Definitely not at 6 and not just because its dusk or dark.

That was what I was thinking, too. I went back after I saw this question and looked at some evening pics I've taken in Epcot. The torches are definitely not lit even though it's dark. I think 30 min before Illuminations is about right.

cfoshe
12-31-2012, 02:04 PM
I was thinking 30 min before illuminations. It seems to me they light them at that time and start the count day, announcing every 10 mins that illuminations is about to begin. I could be incorrect, been a couple of years since I was able to watch illuminations.

DisneyDawgette
12-31-2012, 10:06 PM
Almost positive that the torches were lit in conjunction with the first "countdown" to Illuminations, which would be about 30 minutes prior to the show. :)

TracyL
01-01-2013, 04:11 PM
Yes. I can confirm for you that it is absolutely no more than 30 minutes before IllumiNations, and may not even be that long. I've been recently, and frequently. They never light the torches before they start the pre-show music, and the pre-show music track is just about exactly 30 minutes.

What I don't remember is if they light them at T minus 30, or if it's more like T-minus 15, which is what I'm thinking. In any case, you're very safe if you get out of the park by 8 PM.

tadcd
01-02-2013, 12:03 AM
Thank you!

Yay, now we get to keep our ADRs! :cloud9: