PDA

View Full Version : Grand Floridian Villas

calypso1
12-30-2012, 04:15 PM
After many , many stays at WDW, this is the first time I have seriously considered purchasing a DVC villa. Is there any speculation on when the points for this property will be open for sale?

I have read through all of the stickeys, but feel like I need a crash course on how to sort it all out. Do you suggest contacting DVC directly, or is there a better source?

Also- I noticed some of the threads mentioned concierge.....I thought that was only available at the deluxe resorts. Is it a villa option?

I would appreciate any info you can give!
Thanks!

VWL Mom
12-30-2012, 04:29 PM
When I spoke with DVC in August they were expecting to open a model in Spring of 2013. If that's true, points would go up for sale at the same time. If you're looking to purchase GF points you would need to go through DVC. If you're looking to purchase resale there are three major resellers in the market, our sponsor Timeshare Store (http://www.dvc-resales.com) would be an excellent place to start.

Right now AKV does offer a limited amount of concierge villas. They are very hard to come by unless you own there.

calypso1
12-31-2012, 09:46 AM
Thanks VWL MOM!

Looking forward to seeing the model. The difference between points and resale is the confusing part. I just need to study the process more. Does DVC do any of this by phone, or just at in person meetings?

Interesting on the concierge level villas at AK. But the nightly rates ....big gulp!

TinkerbellT421
12-31-2012, 09:57 AM
Thanks VWL MOM!

Looking forward to seeing the model. The difference between points and resale is the confusing part. I just need to study the process more. Does DVC do any of this by phone, or just at in person meetings?

Interesting on the concierge level villas at AK. But the nightly rates ....big gulp!

DBF and I purchased over the phone and did everything via UPS. Our agent even sent us a care package after purchasing because we weren't able to score any freebies in person.