PDA

View Full Version : Main Street Barber Shop

housemouse
12-29-2012, 02:54 PM
With the exception of rope drop, what is the best time of day to get a haircut? We will be at WDW Jan 17-22 so, I don't think the crowds will be too large. Our son had a haircut there during Thanksgiving week a few years ago and we went at the rope drop and still had to wait about 50min. By the time he was in the chair the wait was well over 1 to 1 1/2 hours. He would like to do it again but, he/we aren't willing to give up precious ride time waiting an hour or more. Any advise from you guys who have done this at a not so busy time of the year, later in the day.

MickeysBestPal
12-29-2012, 03:29 PM
With the exception of rope drop,

1- what is the best time of day to get a haircut? We will be at WDW Jan 17-22 so, I don't think the crowds will be too large. Our son had a haircut there during Thanksgiving week a few years ago and we went at the rope drop and still had to wait about 50min. By the time he was in the chair the wait was well over 1 to 1 1/2 hours.

2- He would like to do it again but, he/we aren't willing to give up precious ride time waiting an hour or more. Any advise from you guys who have done this at a not so busy time of the year, later in the day.

1- During the afternoon parade.

2- You can now make an advance reservation/appointment at the barbershop.
Call 407-WDW-DINE and ask for Childrens' Activities.

Pirate Granny
12-30-2012, 12:19 AM
Make an appointment...we only waited two minutes after we arrived for our appt.

disneymom15
12-30-2012, 10:49 AM
We walked right in, no wait at all. If I remember right, it was a Sunday afternoon.

etibbetts
12-31-2012, 11:36 AM
We brought my niece in to get her hair done and we were lucky there was a short wait (just two people in front of her) but then within minutes another 4 people were on the list after her. I would highly recommend an appointment just to be sure you don't have to wait. It can't hurt!

Joannelet
12-31-2012, 02:19 PM
Make an appointment. They dont make you wait long at all. Walk ins get taken in between appointments so it's whenever they can squeeze someone in. We had an appointment for the babys first haircut then went back as a walk in one morning after chef mickeys for my older son to get his haircut there. He was the 5th person on the list. It didnt take too long at all. There really is no rhyme or reason to the crowds there. But if you can make an appointment so that you know you won't have to wait too long.

Gator
12-31-2012, 04:31 PM
2- You can now make an advance reservation/appointment at the barbershop.
Call 407-WDW-DINE and ask for Childrens' Activities.

This is your best bet. But make it way before your trip. I tried to get one a few days before our trip, and of the three days we were at MK for the vacation, they only had one available spot. Otherwise, you can wait for all the appointments to get done and hope they can squeeze you in.