PDA

View Full Version : Cars Land in Hollywood studios??

troy0228
12-28-2012, 07:01 PM
I heard from a cast member when I was at disney on 12-02-2012 that cars land was comming to the studios in pixar place. The cast member stated they were going to tear down the back lot tour, and the stunt show to make room for cars land. Has any one else heard about cars land or have information regarding the project?

DizneyFreak2002
12-28-2012, 07:12 PM
I heard from a cast member when I was at disney on 12-02-2012 that cars land was comming to the studios in pixar place. The cast member stated they were going to tear down the back lot tour, and the stunt show to make room for cars land. Has any one else heard about cars land or have information regarding the project?

Yes, we've discussed this in the news and rumors forum for some time now... But, don't hold your breath... Plans are still in flux... Budgets being slashed... So, if it comes, who knows what version will come... All bets are a watered down, value engineered version... One plan even calls for NO ROCK WORK, just card board cut outs...

And honestly, what has been described cannot even be called Cars Land... Just, Radiator Springs Racers...

But, again, plans aren't finalized... And aren't close either...

troy0228
12-28-2012, 08:14 PM
Does anyone know why when disney brings an accraction to WDW from Disney land it sometimes is a watered down version of the original. A person would think being the size of WDW they would make the accractions as tricked out as they could but that does not seem to happen. Example Why did they put cars land in Disney Land first it should have been in WDW first who knows???

DizneyFreak2002
12-28-2012, 10:08 PM
Does anyone know why when disney brings an accraction to WDW from Disney land it sometimes is a watered down version of the original. A person would think being the size of WDW they would make the accractions as tricked out as they could but that does not seem to happen. Example Why did they put cars land in Disney Land first it should have been in WDW first who knows???

Simple... Management in WDW only knows how to cut, cut, cut... They haven't met a budget they didn't slice or a project they didn't slash to next to nothing...

Space Mountain is a great example... The plans WDI had for Space Mountain would have made it the best Space Mountain in any of the Disney theme parks... Instead, they cut, cut and cut... Now, we still have 1970's coaster track with only band aides to repair the support structure, a sound system that doesn't even work (you are supposed to hear audio while on the track, but good luck), and an interactive queue...

Another example: Star Tours 2.0... Sure, WDW got the full version, but why? Because Burbank forced it onto TDO... First, TDO didn't even want the updated version, then they agreed to only a minimal version of it.. Burbank stepped in and told them they are getting the full version whether they liked it or not...

Main Street Jim
12-29-2012, 10:58 AM
Space Mountain is a great example... The plans WDI had for Space Mountain would have made it the best Space Mountain in any of the Disney theme parks... Instead, they cut, cut and cut... Now, we still have 1970's coaster track with only band aides to repair the support structure, a sound system that doesn't even work (you are supposed to hear audio while on the track, but good luck), and an interactive queue...

??

Umm...not sure what "Space Mountain" you're referring to, but, as a Space CM during and after the refurb in 2009, they did do some track work; the audio may not be "in-car" or "on-board" audio like RnRC or Disneyland's Space Mountain, but they did add a soundtrack with "external" (non-onboard) audio. Opening up that attraction every morning, I can tell you it *worked*...LOL...it was LOUD....did they turn it off recently or something?

As for the "interactive queue", are the games not working any more?

ransam
12-31-2012, 01:40 PM
I disagree that everything at WDW is a watered down version.
Fantasmic is much better at WDW than Disneyland.
Splash Mountain is almost a minutes longer at WDW.

And just because they bring a new park and it's not as nice as DL, doesn't mean it's about cost. it could just be that they want to provide something cool at WDW. Even if they brought in the Racer ride, i'd be thrilled.

they just built a huge expansion to Fantasyland, and yet some will still complain about Disney being cheap.

Patricia
12-31-2012, 02:16 PM
The new Fantasyland in WDW is visually stunning. Agreed. I could spend time hanging out in the queue for Little Mermaid and be happy. Fantasmic in WDW better? I'd have to disagree.. Splash Mountain used to be superior and hopefully they will return it to it's glory days. That being said, I like both parks with their differences and it's only natural that I may not agree with someone else's choices over who has the better attraction. We all will have our preferences. Let's also not forget that at one time Disney cheapened out in the West Coast parks as well and learned their lesson.. Carsland was the fix to that problem, not the original product. Let's hope somebody at WDW was taking notes..

Gator
12-31-2012, 04:35 PM
Fantasmic in WDW better? I'd have to disagree.

I like it better for one reason. Tiered seats. You can actually sit on something that's not asphault and you can see over the head in front of you. At DL, you feel like your part of some crazy Occupy MainStreet protest.

DizneyFreak2002
12-31-2012, 04:58 PM
I like it better for one reason. Tiered seats. You can actually sit on something that's not asphault and you can see over the head in front of you. At DL, you feel like your part of some crazy Occupy MainStreet protest.

Not if you sit on the new benches... You know, the ones they held a press event to announce? Well, they didn't even tier them correctly... People have to STAND in order to see over the person in front of you...

DizneyFreak2002
12-31-2012, 05:03 PM
I disagree that everything at WDW is a watered down version.
Fantasmic is much better at WDW than Disneyland.
Splash Mountain is almost a minutes longer at WDW.

And just because they bring a new park and it's not as nice as DL, doesn't mean it's about cost. it could just be that they want to provide something cool at WDW. Even if they brought in the Racer ride, i'd be thrilled.

they just built a huge expansion to Fantasyland, and yet some will still complain about Disney being cheap.

No one said everything in WDW is watered down... However, what is true is that TDO has cut budgets, therefore cutting out new effects and show scenes and major updates to attractions that would have brought them into the 21st century, and making them better than the other Disney parks... Space Mountain is one of those examples.. Longer doesn't mean better... The track is still 1970's track... The ride is still rough... The planned refurb would have made it the best Space Mountain in any Disney park.. Instead we have a ride stuck in 1975..

And as for Cars Land, yes, they want to bring in a watered down version... One of the plans call for only RSR with card board cut outs, not even rock work like DCA's version... That is watering down and cheapening out...

Crow
12-31-2012, 11:28 PM
they would have to raise ticket prices if they didnt water it down...oh wait....

ransam
01-02-2013, 03:04 PM
No one said everything in WDW is watered down... However, what is true is that TDO has cut budgets, therefore cutting out new effects and show scenes and major updates to attractions that would have brought them into the 21st century, and making them better than the other Disney parks... Space Mountain is one of those examples.. Longer doesn't mean better... The track is still 1970's track... The ride is still rough... The planned refurb would have made it the best Space Mountain in any Disney park.. Instead we have a ride stuck in 1975..

And as for Cars Land, yes, they want to bring in a watered down version... One of the plans call for only RSR with card board cut outs, not even rock work like DCA's version... That is watering down and cheapening out...

a cut costing, watered down version would be not to bring it at all...
if they brought in the racers only that would still be cool.
i never said anything about Space Mountain. Haven't gone on that in years. I said Splash moutain is longer and yes, it's better.

one other thing, don't forget this is still a business. they would like to provide as much as they can and yet make money. Making money is not a crime.

it amazes me how people will complain and moan. You have a choice. If you don't like it, don't go. Disney is still the best at what they do.

As for me, i can't wait for them to bring even racers to WDW.
i can't wait for my next trip in February and already planning my next.