PDA

View Full Version : Episode 45 - The Holiday Edition

John
12-28-2012, 04:40 PM
The Cast: Gary, Carol, Ian, Mel, Christine, Michael, John

- Everyone is in the Holiday mood and Michael corrects John

- John opens his present - Kerning Matters

- Michaels Trip to Disneyland, Carsland looks great.

- The mythical cherry churro comes up again

- Mel with a Disneyland Tokyo mention

- Candlelight Processional Disneyland style and comparing shows

- Starbucks in Disneyland

- Christmas Ornaments - How much of your tree do Disney items take up

- Holiday Merchandise

- John rants about mixing LCD lights and incandescent lights

- Talk about Hawaii

- Spiraling - Do You Hear What I Hear by request - GO BUY IT!

- Best of 2012 Disney Memory. Michael: Going to ICOT15, Carol: Staying at the Grand Californian, Christine: Canada Staying Alive, Mel: Pricesses Half Marathon, Gary: ICOT15 Trivia Meet, Ian: (Castle Mention) Family trip at Boardwalk, John: Disney Fantasy cruise with his family

- Ms. Tick Tock had an issue and had her battery removed

- Count your blessings - hug your kids

- Press opening of Fantasyland - Thanks to Disney for inviting us! Dragon, Jack down, broke down on Test Track, Splitsville, AOA Lion king rooms & Resort Mrrch NIke polos, busses, Whats new/next - Around the world - Avatarland Still on

- Girls in NYC - Guest Relations experience compared to florida.

- Kodak sponsorship ending - Philharmagic, muppetvision, Imagination etc.

- Twitters and Facebooks

- Ian complains about the festiveness

- Christmas/Holiday plans

Listen, Download, Love, Share... (http://www.intercot.com/interactive/insiderlive/2012/episode-45.asp)

dpamac
12-28-2012, 05:47 PM
John, I've gotta get a message to you. A Bridie told me you're really picking up the spicks and specks. But, really, all these jokes are just jive talkin'.

Melanie
12-28-2012, 05:59 PM
John, I've gotta get a message to you. A Bridie told me you're really picking up the spicks and specks. But, really, all these jokes are just jive talkin'.

Sometimes I feel like I'm in an alternate universe with you guys. :confused:

dpamac
12-28-2012, 08:05 PM
Sometimes I feel like I'm in an alternate universe with you guys. :confused:

Mwahahahahaha.

TinkerbellT421
12-28-2012, 08:58 PM
Listening to it now....I bought Gary's column a beer. A golden to be exact....then speaking of frozen Kirins, they made us drink ours with a straw.....:beer:

SBETigg
12-29-2012, 12:07 PM
I am so behind on these! And you keep making them. I need to catch up.

John
12-29-2012, 12:27 PM
Well, the next one won't be recorded till next Sunday so you are good for a while to catch up.

wildernesslady
12-31-2012, 06:57 PM
Another great podcast. I agree the best Disney memories are just spending time with my family. Sometimes we the most fun just being at our resort. Happy New Year too all. Here's wishing everyone a great 2013.

Urbss
01-01-2013, 11:28 AM
- Spiraling - Do You Hear What I Hear by request - GO BUY IT!

Listen, Download, Love, Share... (http://www.intercot.com/interactive/insiderlive/2012/episode-45.asp)

WHERE?? I can't seem to find this anywhere. Is Spiraling the name of the group?

Thanks,
Tom

John
01-01-2013, 11:42 AM
Here you go:

http://spiraling.net/store/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=2&products_id=19

JMTStone
01-03-2013, 01:59 PM
I am looking for a link of Michael and his Choir's performance.:santa:

A note on all *THIS* cranky person worried about Starbucks coming to Main Street Bakery. I don't mind coffee change - I just didn't want the Main Street bakery products to be replaced with Starbucks bakery (cardboard) products.:ack: I LOVE Main Street Bakery breakfasts!

Ian - I can tell you that at 20, my oldest still talks about our Disney trips from when she was little so those memories DO remain. And she is STILL a Disney nut. We just rescheduled our May trip so that we can take her with us. We hated not having her with us in October for ICOT15. She's telling us that some day she will be going on her honeymoon on our DVC points and her future husband (whoever that is) MUST be a Disney nut. So some day - I'll be taking my Grandkids.

I think this is the most everyone has ever sung on a podcast. We usually get some but this one was FULL of singing. :whistle:

NotaGeek
01-04-2013, 12:28 AM
I am looking for a link of Michael and his Choir's performance.:santa:

I don't think there's any videos out there -- maybe a non-professional one on YouTube -- but here's my favorite picture of us -- this is the top of Act 1 --

Christine
01-04-2013, 02:51 PM
I think this is the most everyone has ever sung on a podcast. We usually get some but this one was FULL of singing. :whistle:

Ha!! :)

Ian
01-04-2013, 10:12 PM
We usually get some but this one was FULL of singing. :whistle:It was full of somethin'! ;)

TinkerbellT421
01-04-2013, 11:04 PM
First off, mike, love that picture!!!

My tree is probably 10% disney ornaments right now, and I buy a few evey year. Mostly my tree is ceramic ornaments me and my mother made from scratch together as a hobby when I was younger. And a lot of the velvet christmas balls decorated by hand as well. A lot of hand made ornaments, my mom was a seamstress and very crafty!

John, I love that song you played at the half!

I seriously hate the LCD lights. I dislike everything about them! Lol

My best 2012 disney memory would be last recent trip. I'm a huge christmas nut and this was my first disney at christmas trip. Besides the crowds, I loved it, wasnt long enough though!

I noticed a lot of the "Kodak picture spot" plaques were gone when we were there.

Dopey's Girl
01-05-2013, 09:17 AM
Another fun one!

My favorite 2012 Disney memory is The Icot15 Soarin meet. It was so much fun walking into the building knowing that I was surrounded by the amazing members of this site I have come to enjoy so much.

AgentC
01-05-2013, 09:29 AM
I had a whole bunch of comments right after I listened to the podcast but I forgot. :blush: I might need to listen again!

I think ICOT15 and my Dec trip combine as my favorite memories. My kids just had so much fun at ICOT15. My son (who as many of you know) has been a challenge to get on rides tried Soarin' and Star Tours for the first time. This continued to our Dec trip when he tried POTC and the Haunted Mansion.

On Twitter retweets, as someone who might spend a wee too much time on Twitter, I think there is a little Twitter fatigue with Disney. There are so many sites who tweet that when there is an event like New Fantasyland there are so many tweets it doesn't seem necessary to retweet.

Septbride2002
01-06-2013, 05:08 PM
Great Podcast guys! :) I hope you all had a wonderful holiday with your families. :cloud9:

Our Tree is probably 75% Disney ornaments. I actually made a point this year of going out and buying NON Disney ornaments for the tree because it was getting to be to much. Of course then they released the Phineus and Ferb ornaments and I had to get one :) Every ornament has a story and since my kids are being raised in such a Pro-Disney house they like having ornaments with their favorite characters on them.

Favorite Disney Memory for me this year was at the MNSSHP. My son who is 3 loved it and really wanted the attention of every cast member that walked by. One of the grave diggers got right up in in face and took him by surprise. He was spooked but also thought it was hilarious.

~Amanda