PDA

View Full Version : Going Back to Disney? (Pixie Dust wanted)

sportsguy2315
12-28-2012, 01:00 PM
Hi all:
As you may know, I was part of the Disney.College Program last Fall. As I look forward to my last semester of college and realize that there isn't much jobwise, it seems Mickey is calling my name once more to reup with the program and reapply.

Everyone is pretty supportive of me going back, which is awesome. However, what does worry me is DGF. We've been together for 3 years and she's been supportive of me and DCP, but due to her having a better job (Paywise, I'm sure Disney's benefits are pretty good! :mickey:), she's staying back in MN to keep that job and to get a head start on student loan repayment. While I totally respect that, part of me wants her to come along so we can be closer this time around. On the other hand, I respect her foresight when it comes to this kind of stuff.

Dopey's Girl
12-28-2012, 01:40 PM
Good luck Andy!!!

stephicakes
12-28-2012, 02:09 PM
:pixie:
I know it must be so hard to think about being apart again, but you are both very wise in trying to do the right thing financially. Your DGF is SO SMART in wanting to start paying off those student loans asap! Financial stress is a huge burden between many couples so you guys are a head of the game by having a plan :thumbsup:

Hopefully she will be able to visit you while you are there?? Planning a visit together and counting down the days can be something to look forward to :cloud9:

Hang in there and good luck in making the right decision! :magic:

disneymom15
12-28-2012, 02:10 PM
Here's some :pixie: for luck.

sportsguy2315
02-08-2013, 04:17 PM
CP applications opened up today, so I got mine filled out and sent. I certainly feel like I have a better grasp of everything; namely being a college senior I don't have to justify to college administrators that yes, going to Disney is an educational experience.

DGF is still very supportive of my quest, but still trying to sell her on the CP experience. We'll see if she does apply...:mickey: