PDA

View Full Version : Most "Disney" attraction in each park?

Janmac
12-27-2012, 12:07 PM
Like Crush at the Seas Pavilion in Epcot. Not your average amusement park fare.

Everybody lines up for Peter Pan but PP is essentially your old carny ride rather than something innoventive, unique, or different.

What are your picks for each park?

Jan

villavic
12-27-2012, 01:01 PM
Magic Kingdom is the most "Disney" park, so it's difficult to choose, but I'd go for Pirates and Jungle Cruise.

In Epcot I'd go with Spaceship Earth, because is a typical ride and it's according the original Walt's idea about showing the future of the human society, technology, etc.

Studios: Fantasmic! All the classic characters are there so no doubt it's my most Disney attraction in this park.

Animal Kingdom: hard to choose but not for the same reason as MK. In this case the attractions are not so classic Disney, I found them more Universal or Busch Gardens inspired. I'd go for It's Tough to be a Bug

SBETigg
12-27-2012, 01:25 PM
The most "Disney" attraction to me would be an attraction with great attention to detail and theme that has a bit of a storyline and still wows the audience.

In MK, that's quite a few but POTC is my favorite. Splash Mountain, though, if I had to choose, might really be the most "Disney" of them all. Great theme, detail, animatronics, the storytelling is there, and it builds to a big wow moment.

Every park has lots of choices, but my favorites:
In Epcot, Spaceship Earth or Living with the Land.

In AK, Expedition Everest.

In DHS: Tower of Terror, though Great Movie Ride might more fit the feeling and theme of the park.

DVC2004
12-27-2012, 01:44 PM
For me, In MK it has to be Haunted Mansion. But I agree there's alot, Pirates, Splash Mountain are also right up there.

In Epcot Spaceship Earth.

HS- ToT

AK- Expedition Everest, with the Safari being another.

DisneyGlutton
12-27-2012, 03:08 PM
MK: Splash Mountain (at least before it started falling apart) due to its combination of superb animatronics, music, and also thrills. PotC is close behind

Epcot: Spaceship Earth b/c I am a nerd and the shear audacity of it staggers the mind. It's hard to imagine Disney buildings something like that now

DHS: Fantasmic is just superb and awe inspiring to me. I would've picked ToT possibly, but Twilight Zone was borrowed

AK: Kilimanjaro Safari due to the scope of it, as it's basically the most amazing zoo ride ever

(I respectfully disagree a bit about Peter Pan though. Although in some ways it is a classic dark ride, I don't know of any old carny ride that hangs from the ceiling and has that attention to detail. It's certainly not worth the wait times it normally has)

joonyer
12-27-2012, 05:10 PM
At MK; I'd say Carousel of Progress and Splash Mountain, even though they are very different form each other.

At Epcot, I'd pick (the old) Journey into Imagination, or maybe Mission Space or Soarin', although Epcot is a "different" kind of Disney place, which I think was intended by Walt himself.

At DHS, I'd choose ToT (such immersive theming) and also maybe the Great Movie Ride.

For AK, I'd say nothing really screams "Disney" at me, although I love the park and all the attractions. Maybe Festival of the Lion King is the most "diney thing there to me, because of the songs & music.

retiredfigment
12-27-2012, 06:48 PM
At MK I would have to say Carousel of Progress is the most 'Disney' like, but POTC is my favorite
At HS, The Great Movie Ride. I would have said the Back Lot tour if it was in its original form. We rode it when it was only about 'two weeks old' and Catastrophe Canyon almost did us in.LOL
At Epcot, Spaceship Earth and the original Journey into the Imagination.
Animal Kingdom, Kilamajaro Safari because if you get the right guide it is very true to Walt's vision of educating visitors.

RavsRuleDisney!
12-28-2012, 12:32 PM
MK - have to go IASW (old school) Splash (new school)

Epcot - Spaceship Earth for lack of a better choice

HS - I don't do it but probably TofT

AK - Safaris

crazygoalie39
12-28-2012, 02:25 PM
MK- Toss up between PotC and HM. Both are full of detail and have that uniqueness of something you'd only find there.

Epcot- Definitely SE. Walt's vision come to life.

DHS-GMR. Probably the only attraction here that's quintessentially Disney.

AK-Nothing really here, but I would say Kilimanjaro Safari because it's probably the biggest of its kind

Melanie
12-28-2012, 04:38 PM
It's funny to me that you'd use Peter Pan as an example of what's NOT Disney to you, because to me, it SCREAMS Disney, or at least 'old Disney' to me. Love it, wait or not, and the music is so Disney. So that's my MK pick. A close second would be Carousel of Progress.

Epcot - hmmm, I'd choose American Adventure. It reminds me a lot of the film in the Hall of Presidents.

MGM, uh Hollywood Studios - Fantasmic!

Animal Kingdom - probably Kilimanjaro Safaris. I think Walt would have loved this ride.

Janmac
12-28-2012, 06:00 PM
(I respectfully disagree a bit about Peter Pan though. Although in some ways it is a classic dark ride, I don't know of any old carny ride that hangs from the ceiling and has that attention to detail. It's certainly not worth the wait times it normally has)

It's funny to me that you'd use Peter Pan as an example of what's NOT Disney to you, because to me, it SCREAMS Disney, or at least 'old Disney' to me. Love it, wait or not, and the music is so Disney. So that's my MK pick. A close second would be Carousel of Progress.

Peter Pan is Disney - else why would the lines be so long. It's done very well, for the technology that the ride uses. Perhaps Toad's Wild Ride was a bit more the typical run of the mill ride cars on the tracks in the big dark room. And we sure liked that ride too.

PotC uses different technology. The story being that Walt wanted to do Pirates in the 50s but didn't have the technology until the 60s. I remember doing Pirates in 1967. What a mind blowing thing that was.

To that end, Mission Space might be in this list, tho it's not a very comfortable ride, in the original. Same with ToT, Toy Story and the current Star Wars, because we now have the 50 something possibilities. Laugh Floor and Crush are new technologies - can we find them in any other amusement park? I don't know.

I suppose we might include Stitch. :ack:

Thanks for the interesting responses.

Jan

WDWgoofy
12-28-2012, 06:29 PM
HS - Toy Story
MK - Carousel of Progress
AK - Festival of the Lion King
E - Spaceship Earth

bruin1344
12-29-2012, 10:11 AM
The most "Disney" attraction to me would be an attraction with great attention to detail and theme that has a bit of a storyline and still wows the audience.

In MK, that's quite a few but POTC is my favorite. Splash Mountain, though, if I had to choose, might really be the most "Disney" of them all. Great theme, detail, animatronics, the storytelling is there, and it builds to a big wow moment.

Every park has lots of choices, but my favorites:
In Epcot, Spaceship Earth or Living with the Land.

In AK, Expedition Everest.

In DHS: Tower of Terror, though Great Movie Ride might more fit the feeling and theme of the park.

I agree with your criteria and your choices of Splash, POTC, Spaceship Earth, and EE. DHS lacks one of these rides but if I had to chose, probably GMR.

GAN
12-30-2012, 04:12 PM
I notice a good amount of support or CoP, and I would agree. If you do a search(I believe links aren't allowed) for "great big broken down tomorrow" there is a nice piece that criticizes how Disney has been treating this "Most Disney" attraction.

darthmacho
12-31-2012, 12:58 AM
A very thoughtful topic. So difficult to choose, especially at MK, but I'll try.

AK: Kilimanjaro Safaris

DHS: Great Movie Ride (or Muppets 3D)

Epcot: Spaceship Earth

MK: Pirates of the Caribbean (or Haunted Mansion, or Jungle Cruise, or Splash Mountain, or TTA, or Carousel of Progress, I'm cheating now, aren't I?)

CzepielCrew
12-31-2012, 09:41 AM
Ok, here it goes:

Magic Kingdom : Pirates of the Caribbean

Hollywood Studios: Great Movie Ride

Animal Kingdom: Expedition Everest

TinkerbellT421
12-31-2012, 09:48 AM
For me:
Magic Kingdom: Carousel of Progress

DHS: The Great Movie Ride

Animal Kingdom: Kilimanjaro Safari

ransam
12-31-2012, 01:31 PM
MK-I'd have to go w/ Peter Pan and Small World.

Epcot-Imagination. Everything about Disney is about using your Imagination.

HS-Toy Story. or the tribute to Walt.

AK-Nemo Show.

AndrewJackson
01-05-2013, 03:00 PM
MK- Pirates. Use of AA, queue theming, original music. I only bump it ahead of Splash Moutain because it has been there longer.

Epcot - Spaceship Earth. It is close to the original version, and the use of the burnt smell is quentisential Disney. American Adventure is a close second.

Hollywood Studios - Tower of Terror. Disney Imagineers showing off their special effects mastery.

Animal Kingdom - Safari. Would go with Expedition Everest, but the broken Yeti is the "least" Disney. :down:

riley1129
01-06-2013, 12:46 PM
MK- Dumbo or Splash Mountain

EP- Spaceship Earth

HS- ToT

AK- Kilimanjaro Safari

MississippiDisneyFreak
01-07-2013, 08:24 AM
MK-Mickey's Philharmagic
Epcot-Spaceship Earth
AK-Tough to be a Bug
DHS-Fantasmic