PDA

View Full Version : Least favorite World Showcase Pavilion?

DisneyGlutton
12-27-2012, 04:31 AM
A previous poll http://www.intercot.com/discussion/showthread.php?t=196731asked about your favorite pavilion at Epcot's World Showcase, so I thought I would ask about your least favorite pavilion. If you would be so kind as to explain your vote, I would love to read your reasoning.

Note: Since the poll is limited to ten choices, I left out Mexico because it is my favorite. If it is your least favorite, feel free to say so in the comments.

Ms. Mode
12-27-2012, 08:06 AM
Wow! That's a tough question, but I know it CAN'T be Germany...they have the BEST bakery there! :blush:

Janmac
12-27-2012, 08:07 AM
We probably have a tie for least favorite as we seldom visit France and almost never visit Italy. Reasoning: what the shops offer doesn't resonate with us. That's mostly the reason. We tend to eat at our favorite countries and run out of days before we get to either Italy or France.

Jan

TinkerbellT421
12-27-2012, 08:20 AM
My least favorite without a doubt is Morrocco. I don't like the food, I don't like the shops. Nothing about it I care for lol.

VWL Mom
12-27-2012, 08:32 AM
I had to go with the America pavilion on this one. I just think there is so much more they could do with it, especially the dining.

1DisneyNut
12-27-2012, 08:39 AM
I honestly don't care for any of the ones that do not have a ride. With it being WDW, in my opinion every country should have a ride themed on its country like Norway and Mexico have.

I selected Morocco as my least favorite because I actually forget it is even there.

AllDisney
12-27-2012, 09:40 AM
That was easy, Morocco!

villavic
12-27-2012, 10:33 AM
Hard to choose too. I was remembering which is the one who I usually spend less time and is Morocco. I'm not interested in the shops or food, though the place is very nice.

Mexico would be a second option, not because it's not interesting or beautiful, but because it has similarities with Peru, my country, that I love of course, but in this case I look for different cultures, european, asian.. to learn more, etc.

SBETigg
12-27-2012, 10:51 AM
I'm so surprised by the lack of love for Morocco. I always think it's so cool to walk around. It feels exotic and unique to me. I love the quick service Tangierine Cafe, though not as fond of Marrakesh and haven't tried that one in years. They're getting a new waterfront restaurant that I'm excited about, though.

Canada, by far to me, is the least interesting or unique pavilion. It's okay to walk around, pretty, but there aren't really unique shops and the movie doesn't interest me. I don't mind Le Cellier, but I'm not a big fan. Canada always feels like a big, skippable let down compared to the rest of WS to me. I almost said the American pavilion, but then I remembered the Voices of Liberty and show, which makes it something to see while Canada still doesn't have much of interest for me.

ransam
12-27-2012, 11:06 AM
i picked Italy because it was the one country nothing really came to mind as far as memories or anything.

Dragongirlx
12-27-2012, 11:20 AM
I voted the UK as the worst.
Purely because I don't think it represents the whole of the UK but just a little bit of England.
I would love to see more representation of the other parts of the UK - Scotland, Northern Ireland and Wales.
Also note to Disney - The Republic of Ireland is not part of the UK.

DisneyGlutton
12-27-2012, 11:27 AM
I voted the UK as the worst.
Purely because I don't think it represents the whole of the UK but just a little bit of England.
I would love to see more representation of the other parts of the UK - Scotland, Northern Ireland and Wales.
Also note to Disney - The Republic of Ireland is not part of the UK.

Maybe they should've just named the pavilion "England" instead since, as you rightly point out, the rest of the UK is left out.

As for Disney lumping in Ireland with the UK, I was unaware they did so, though I'm sure I missed it because I hate the pavilion (and thus don't spend much time in it) because it is so bland

Melanie
12-27-2012, 11:39 AM
I really had to think hard about this one, but ultimately it came down to China and Morocco, and Morocco it is. Just about the only thing I like about that pavilion is Tangierine Cafe. China isn't much better in my book, but 'wins' for having a film and the cool terra cotta soldiers display.

Every other pavilion in WS has something I LOVE. I can't say the same about China and Morocco.

villavic
12-27-2012, 01:08 PM
I'm so surprised by the lack of love for Morocco. I always think it's so cool to walk around. It feels exotic and unique to me.

As I said I love to know exotic, far countries, but I don't find Morocco pavilion that exciting. I think it could have been better, as China or Japan are. Not sure exactly what it's missing, but I don't feel the orient air when I'm there.

DisneyGlutton
12-27-2012, 02:45 PM
Hmm, Morocco seems to be "winning" by a landslide. I like Marrakesh's food (and bellydancer) though I have a bad memory of being rushed through our dinner because it was near the end of the night. The back alley feel of the pavilion is nice, too. But it has no "wow" factor for sure. I don't do any shopping there (nor at most pavilions for that matter). Disney seems to be planning a new lakeside restaurant, which I have mixed feelings about.

LVT
12-27-2012, 07:19 PM
1 choice could be none. I like things about each. I put in Morrocco in order to see the results.

MississippiDisneyFreak
01-07-2013, 01:37 PM
Well, I didn't get to vote before the poll closed but I'm going to chime in anyway. For me it would be Japan. I do not like the gift shop and didn't care for the CS, never tried the TS though....

OMG, I totally forgot about Canada. Well that just goes to show how unforgettable it is...yep change my vote to Canada.

goofy-4-disney
01-07-2013, 01:42 PM
I voted for the America Pavillion. So much more could be done with this space. I don't even bother to enter this particular area anymore.

MississippiDisneyFreak
01-07-2013, 01:42 PM
I'm so surprised by the lack of love for Morocco. I always think it's so cool to walk around. It feels exotic and unique to me. I love the quick service Tangierine Cafe, though not as fond of Marrakesh and haven't tried that one in years. They're getting a new waterfront restaurant that I'm excited about, though.

Canada, by far to me, is the least interesting or unique pavilion. It's okay to walk around, pretty, but there aren't really unique shops and the movie doesn't interest me. I don't mind Le Cellier, but I'm not a big fan. Canada always feels like a big, skippable let down compared to the rest of WS to me. I almost said the American pavilion, but then I remembered the Voices of Liberty and show, which makes it something to see while Canada still doesn't have much of interest for me.

Me too, I don't care for Marakesh but the pavilion is really neat.

Gator
01-07-2013, 05:12 PM
I didn't get to vote in this one, but I'll go with France. The restaurant doesn't seem anymore appealing than the rest of what the World Showcase offers, the movie is just OK, and it always seems way more crowded than any other pavillion.