PDA

View Full Version : Favorite country at World Showcase

villavic
12-26-2012, 11:28 PM
Unfortunately the entries limit for a poll is 10 and that makes one country out. So I randomly choose one and it's Morocco. Feel free to comment if Morocco is your favorite so we can count it after several days.

My choice would be an european country and it was hard to decide between UK and France, but I think it's finally France because it includes a movie, and UK doesn't have any kind of attraction.

SandmanGStefani24
12-26-2012, 11:44 PM
i love each and every country in the WS! I have wandered for hours in each one just admiring the details, and the food! Still, personally biased towards Japan. Love eating at Tokyo Dining every trip, love shopping at Mitsukoshi, and can probably draw it from memory. :D

It's a close battle though, as I love each pavillion's details and ambience almost equally...

Dragongirlx
12-27-2012, 03:45 AM
I voted for Japan. I love the pick a pearl bit and the rest of that wonderful shop. I also loved tokyo dining when we went for the first time this year and the green apple saki cocktail which you can buy from the stall outside.

DisneyGlutton
12-27-2012, 04:18 AM
I chose Mexico because of the "wow" factor. On the outside, it is an imposing temple. When you walk in, you don't know what to expect, but certainly not a market square. Add in the boat ride (cheesy as it is), and it's hard to beat imho. It's funny because every time I walk in there I think "hmm, if only I could go to the real Mexico" but the pavilion is probably as close as I'll ever get.

Although you didn't ask this, I would like to add my two cents as to the worst pavilion. For me, that is hands down the UK. It's such an unfortunate mishmash of architectural styles that don't harmonize that well. Overall, it's very blah. Also, there are no attractions, so it's just there. This is really sad, because the UK is America's best ally imho. I've been there twice and the country is awesome. Disney could've easily gone with recognizable landmarks like the Palace of Westminster (where Parliament meets) and Big Ben. Alternatively, they could've picked something obscure like the Georgian architecture of Bath.

Note: I think I'll make my own poll of Worst Pavilions

tomorrow land fan
12-27-2012, 06:11 AM
it was tough for me but i went with france (been to france once in my life hope to return one day). mexico is a close second. very close second at that . . .a great pavillion.

Jeff
12-27-2012, 06:54 AM
UK: like the food, love the beer, like the shops n architecture, love the UK Players, like the British Invasion!

DisneyorBust
12-27-2012, 07:10 AM
The Germany pavilion is my favorite.
I love the architecture, the background music, the food and the :beer:. I especially enjoy relaxing in the platz.

VAdizneefan
12-27-2012, 07:20 AM
I chose Mexico but it was a hard call between that and Japan. To me, both are the 'total package' with beautiful scenery and ambiance, good dining options, and plentiful shopping.

Janmac
12-27-2012, 08:04 AM
My first choice was to vote for each country . . .

Then I thought, which country do I have to visit each trip. That wasn't any easier either.

I think I have a tie: Canada and Morocco.

But we usually only go see the movie at Canada. At Morocco we eat and shop and even just grab a beverage and hang out.

Jan

TinkerbellT421
12-27-2012, 08:23 AM
It was a tie between Japan and Norway. But I went with Norway. I love everything about Norway. It seems so sweet and quaint. The people are nice. And I love the food and beer there :beer:

WDWgoofy
12-27-2012, 08:28 AM
Canada is #1

its got a fun film, beautiful grounds and most importantly...
Off-Kilter

France is #2 as it has a a great film, beautiful design and FRENCH FOOD

VWL Mom
12-27-2012, 08:35 AM
Tough choice for me between Italy and UK but voted Italy. Love the entertainment and shops at both!

AllDisney
12-27-2012, 09:36 AM
What a difficult choice to make. Epcot is our favorite park and we find ourselves wandering around the countries because we love them all. Our top 3 are France, Mexico & Canada. Since we could only vote for one we decided on France. We love the movie . The eating establishments are wonderful:number1:

The gift shop has cut down on it's inventory over the years but we still manage to buy something anyway:thumbsup:

RavsRuleDisney!
12-27-2012, 10:33 AM
tuff call but had to lean to Mexico....love the big inside shopping area, eating in front of a volcano, the three cabelleros waiting for me and the new eats across the way.

kirbmajik
12-27-2012, 10:56 AM
Favorite is UK because our first stop is the Rose and Crown for a beer or cider every time. Germany and Canada are a close 2nd for the shops and victoria garden!

ransam
12-27-2012, 11:04 AM
i picked Mexico, mainly because it's the country i spend the most time in. But i do like Morroco as well.

TinkerbellFan16
12-27-2012, 12:35 PM
I picked Mexico as my favorite

I almost picked China because I LOVE the food, but that's about it xD

Mexico also has great food, I like the Three Caballeros ride (even though the original was better, I still like this one), the atmosphere is very nice, I enjoy looking at the crafts from Mexico, and I am IN LOVE with the shops. I can't go into the jewelry store without buying some jewelry, especially (maybe too many) rings. Their rings are my favorite, and the silver is usually good quality and it doesn't turn my fingers green like other Disney jewelry does. :number1:

Joannelet
12-27-2012, 07:17 PM
Norway is my favorite. I love the ride. It is one of my favorites and I just have to go on it every time!!! I love the store's merchandise there as well. I can spend a long time just browsing in the store.

LVT
12-27-2012, 07:23 PM
Least and most favorite polls reflect my feelings. All are relatively even. Each has stuff I love and I would not willingly skip any of them.

bruin1344
12-29-2012, 10:17 AM
Mexico - I like the counterservice, the atmosphere inside, and relaxing on the ride.

jillluvsdisney
12-31-2012, 06:20 PM
I love France. Impressions de France has such awesome music. I like to see it a few times each trip. I also have some of the music on my iPOD. I love Beauty and Beast and the Aristcats and have seen characters in France. I love the mimes who play with the chairs and tables. I collect Eiffel Towers. I love the bakery and the wine shop. I love perfume and cosmetics. Last but not least, Grey Goose and Grand Marnier slushies. VIVA LA FRANCE.

slottedpig
12-31-2012, 08:41 PM
France for me. I love the movie and I think Paris is the world's greatest city. Japan is a close second.

DisneyDawgette
12-31-2012, 10:03 PM
This is so difficult! I could spend an entire day just walking around WS... I picked UK. Solely for sentimental value (it was my family's favorite when I was a kid), the shops, and R&C.

However, when DBF and our friends all went in October, Japan was the group favorite. LOVED the shop and I was so sad we never stopped to look here when I was little! The marble sodas and all of the pop-culture things from my childhood were exciting. :)

So it's a tie. There.

Crow
12-31-2012, 11:23 PM
Japan...weakness for Asian women. and the store is diff and Tokyo Dining has about the best service..and sake
Mexico is good cause of the atmosphere.

finaldynasty
01-01-2013, 11:31 AM
For us it is China...DD made the pick..love to get Chinese fans every trip...:mickey:

snowflakegirl
01-01-2013, 07:13 PM
This was tough! My first instinct was Morocco, but I really like almost all of them. I eneded up voting for Japan. I love the store and the general feel of the pavilion.

kemps@wdw
01-01-2013, 07:23 PM
American Adventure! Because...well..it's the adventure of America! But I LOVE strolling and enjoying ALL of the countries in the WS.

MississippiDisneyFreak
01-07-2013, 01:29 PM
I picked France but really I equally like Italy, Norway, Germany and the UK as well. The UK used to be my favorite because they had a lot of not only English items in the gift shop but Scotland, Ireland and Wales items as well. This last trip it seemed they had kind of cut way back on items from the other countries and most of the other items were the same last trip....To me its supposed to be the UK pavilion not just the English pavilian...but I still like it a lot (love all the tea) Guess I'm more of a fan of the European pavilians

ANG
01-07-2013, 02:59 PM
I love the atmosphere of the UK.

Gator
01-07-2013, 05:09 PM
Although my favorite entertainment choices are at America and the UK, my favorite place is Norway. The architecture is the best, the ride is quaint and fun, my favorite WDW restaurant is there (love the cold bar and the pretty princesses), love the snacks at Kringla, and just the smell of the gift shop perfume puts a smile on my face.:D