PDA

View Full Version : If you book the AAA do they check for discounts after booked?

LiloLovesTheKing26
12-25-2012, 05:02 PM
I have almost always booked thru AAA. I wonder after you have booked your trip do they check for discounts that come up? Usually I book 6 months ahead but this year I'm going to book a yr ahead so I know no discounts will really be out. I have always used the same travel agent at AAA and I almost feel guilty if I don't book thru her lol.

Strmchsr
12-25-2012, 08:18 PM
Generally not. That's a big reason I always use Magical Journeys. If you have a good relationship with your AAA agent, she might possibly check for you, but that seems to be extremely rare with agents outside of MJ. Just one of the things that makes MJ so special!

Simbajr4ever
12-25-2012, 08:30 PM
you can also get the AAA rate by just calling disney yourself. They book the AAA rates too. 1-407-wdisney.
Then if you see a better discount you qualify for you can call them back and they can adjust it for you.

RockinRobin
12-25-2012, 09:55 PM
MJ also does AAA and they will always get your discounts no matter how long out you book. You just give them your info and they do the rest. It was the best thing we did for our trips so easy and no worrys and they don't cost.

spinnerf
12-26-2012, 10:03 PM
I agree. Use an agent like Magical Journeys. AAA will not check for further discounts. On the minus side I don't think you can get diamond parking using MJ. Probably better to save $.

Strmchsr
12-27-2012, 07:16 AM
On the minus side I don't think you can get diamond parking using MJ. Probably better to save $.

Depends on the AAA office. I don't book through them but they still give me the diamond parking pass. Of course, DAK is the only place where i actually use the diamond parking. Sometimes at Epcot. I've found often the diamond parking to be less convenient than normal parking and riding the tram at MK and DHS.

Kplaster
12-27-2012, 09:12 AM
We always book through AAA and by reading the posts above I guess we are just lucky because our agent always looks for better deals for us and if she finds one books it immediately. She knows what we want and last week when we got to Disney she had even put in a request for adjoining rooms without us asking which was a nice surprise when we checked in.

Dopey's Girl
12-28-2012, 01:01 PM
When I used to book for myself, I used AAA and they never looked for a discount once we booked. They had our money, why put in much extra?

I only use Magical Journeys now (I'm team Wendy!) because on more than one occasion, I have opened my email in the morning to find that she has gotten me a better deal. They cost you nothing, so I'd say give them a try!

The Hitchhiking Ghost
12-28-2012, 01:16 PM
Likewise, my experience when booking thru AAA is that if there were any additional discounts, I was the one to have to tell them about it. Generally they just booked using the AAA discount and since you can't stack discounts, I found that they never bothered to monitor further discount releases. I had to do that myself.

I've booked my last two WDW vacations (after learning about them here) with Kathy at MJ.

Flawless :number1: is about all I can say.

roses
01-06-2013, 11:48 AM
I believe that it depends on your travel agent - as it does with any travel agency you go to. A Disney specific travel agency will look, as they focus on Disney and only have Disney trips booked. An AAA agent has many different trips booked for many different people and may miss when a discount comes out. I'm sure if you book with her and let her know you'd like the discount she will look for you. Also, I'm sure they will discount it for you if you call with it (in case they have missed it). It is better to keep you coming back than to get the money now. More trips mean more money for them, they aren't doing it to keep you from getting your discount.

Kenny1113
01-06-2013, 01:12 PM
Depends on the AAA office. I don't book through them but they still give me the diamond parking pass. Of course, DAK is the only place where i actually use the diamond parking. Sometimes at Epcot. I've found often the diamond parking to be less convenient than normal parking and riding the tram at MK and DHS.

:ditto:

In the past I would go to the AAA office and ask for one and they gave it me without a problem. I have not asked in several years because I too have found it less convenient.

ETA:
I love MJ. I have even booked non disney trips with them bc they are such a pleasure to work with. Team Terrisue. ;)