PDA

View Full Version : Our very first MVMCP!!

TheVBs
12-22-2012, 08:33 AM
This is soooo tardy, but I wanted to give feedback on our very first Christmas party. :mickey:

We were heading down to FL after Thanksgiving and decided to stop in WDW for just a couple of nights and attend the party. We were there on 11/25. Now, I should mention that we were looking at this as a park day and tried to balance enjoying what we could at MK along with the party events.

We let the girls pick the characters they wanted to meet (Capt. Jack, Tinker Bell & Periwinkle, Ariel). And we all picked which rides were important to us and hit those. The rides were all pretty much walk ons! The only wait we had was for Peter Pan and it was a short one. We were so thrilled that the New Fantasyland attractions were open! We'd hoped they would be, but weren't really expecting it. Loved walking around there and loved the Little Mermaid ride!

We caught the fireworks and projection show on the castle and they were fabulous! We opted to do the second parade. Just before it was time we had a snack in Pecos Bill's and were able to walk right outside and have a fabulous view of the parade. We thought it was a fantastic parade!

We skipped on a couple of party offerings. The hot cocoa and cookies, the lines for these were always really long and not worth waiting in. The character show in front of the castle, not exactly intentionally, just worked out that way. Christmas Mickey & Minnie and Santa, which seems wrong, but we wanted the girls to choose who they wanted to wait in line to see. And, very unintentionally, missed the snow on Main St., probably our only regret of the night. But, in all fairness, we could have stayed for the last one but it had just gotten so cold and we were all so tired that we passed.

Our only real complaint was how cold it got in the evening. We thought we were prepared with lots of layers, long sleeved shirts, sweaters and jackets, but it was just so cold. But, we had a really good time and were so glad we did it. On the one hand I want to say we'd totally do it again. On the other we all agreed that it just felt so WRONG to be cold in WDW!!

We did go to DTD the next day and saw Santa there. No line at all and he was an awesome Santa!! We got such great pictures there I used one for our Christmas card.

ibelieveindisneymagic
12-22-2012, 08:56 AM
Sounds like a pretty good party!

We did the halloween party for the first time this year, and I agree - there is just too much to do at them to try and squeeze it all in, especially for us first time attendees.

Sounds like a reason to go back! ;)

TheVBs
12-25-2012, 11:03 AM
Yes, we did the Halloween party for the first time in fall 2011 and like any part of a Disney trip, you just can't squeeze in everything. But, since we didn't much care about rides during that party, we were there for 10 days, I think we squeezed more party events in. Just remembered that we didn't make it to any of the dance parties at the Christmas party either.

villavic
12-26-2012, 11:05 PM
I was a bit disappointed with the christmas night parade (2009). I expected a more eletric lights pareade (like the classical night parades) in a christmas version, but it was nice anyway. And the cake/chocolate smell was a great idea!