PDA

View Full Version : Ellen's energy adventure.

spinnerf
12-20-2012, 10:57 PM
This ride gets a bad rap. It's too long but it is one of the few rides left that adhere to the original concept?, theme? Of EPCOT. It grows on me and its horribleness is becoming "campy" to me. Oh and nice phone Ellen!

KevMcNJ
12-21-2012, 05:15 AM
I rode it once. Took a pretty good power nap in there :blush:
I was curious so I found a clip on Youtube. Yes that phone is a generation or two behind. And its been a while since Jamie Lee Curtis's hair was that color;)
The dinosaurs are cool though

stephicakes
12-21-2012, 06:44 AM
"Stupid Judy!" :laughing:

Stu29573
12-21-2012, 07:24 AM
We always enjoy it.

retiredfigment
12-21-2012, 09:50 AM
We don't go on every time, but the last time we did, we thought it was funny how they told how long it would take about a zillion times before it was started. We found out why. After the dinosaur part when Ellen is back on the game, a family got up and walked out of the exit doors. Lights on, ride over. The cast member told us that once the exit door opens, the ride shuts down and can't be restarted. (Also told us the family would be in for a big surprise - the exit door leads to storage and not actually a direct exit) LOL

ransam
12-21-2012, 12:56 PM
As much as people complain, if this ride goes away, it will be in the company of Horizions, Mr. Toad, etc...where everyone will claim how awesome it was, and they should bring it back.

bruin1344
12-22-2012, 08:53 AM
worst ride/show in epcot

Stu29573
12-22-2012, 11:20 AM
worst ride/show in epcot

Wrong. I can think of at least three worse right off the top of my head, two of which involve imgaination.....

SandmanGStefani24
12-22-2012, 12:37 PM
worst ride/show in epcot

are you kidding me??

Circle of Life movie takes that one...

And the ride isn't terrible exactly, it just needs a revamp. Shorter opening movie, maybe a much newer film with new guests. (Trebek hasn't sported the 'stache in a decade :D) The ride elements are ok once it gets going, but the movie is surely past it's sell-by date.

DizneyFreak2002
12-22-2012, 03:06 PM
worst ride/show in epcot

I don't know if I would say worst... Most outdated maybe, but not worst...

Aurora
12-22-2012, 10:51 PM
worst ride/show in epcot

Opinions are subjective. I still enjoy it.

KevMcNJ
12-22-2012, 11:03 PM
(Trebek hasn't sported the 'stache in a decade :D).

Him and 20 milion other American men ;)

2Epcot
12-22-2012, 11:35 PM
I still prefer the pre-Ellen version.

PETE FROM NYC
12-23-2012, 12:14 AM

Me, too!
Its my firm belief that they turned what was a decent learning experience into a joke.
BTW I say the same thing about The Seas.

MNNHFLTX
12-23-2012, 02:53 PM
I love this attraction, despite being outdated and the "bad Ellen" animatronic in the dinosaur scene. :)

AllDisney
12-24-2012, 07:40 AM
This is still one of our favorites. We look forward to riding it at least once during our vacations at WDW:cloud9:

bruin1344
12-24-2012, 10:51 AM
worst ride/show in epoch

UOE was the most antsy I have ever got on a WDW ride and I havent been on it since 2005. At least a bad show/ride, you are out within 15 minutes. This is 45 min!! Other reasons: I cant stand Ellen, 1996 Bill Nye reminds me of doing dreaded homework as a kid, and it is painfully outdated.

My suggestions: get rid of the 1996 feel of the show (bye bye Ellen, Bill, Jamie, and Alex), shorten the length or break this ride/show into 2 attractions: one for the theatre films scenes and the other for Primeval Diorama (the only part of the ride I like).

TheVBs
12-25-2012, 10:58 AM
We don't do this every trip, but still get a kick out of it when we opt to. Although, I would love to see it updated! I think they could really improve it with an update. Definitely keep Ellen though, she's hysterical! :mickey:

jmj18
12-26-2012, 02:46 PM
I know I'm one of the few...but I still really enjoy it...could use a bit of an update but we go every trip.

:mickey:

PETE FROM NYC
12-26-2012, 03:22 PM
Let me add a complaint.

DW and I are both handicapped and have not been allowed to ride in years because some high- ups say we can no longer ride on scooters. We were allowed in on our scooters for years, now our last several trips we got turned away. They do offer us manual wheelchairs, but not only are they too small, but we cannot drive ourselves that far.

TinkerbellFan16
12-26-2012, 03:42 PM
I enjoy it very much =]
Whenever we go it is slow anyways, but that ride is never full, so when crowds permit we usually pick a back car and get a whole row for each of us. Then we lean against the far side and put up our feet. It's relaxing and I never find the ride boring. I have always loved Ellen and Bill Nye <3

spinnerf
12-26-2012, 10:00 PM
DW and I are both handicapped and have not been allowed to ride in years because some high- ups say we can no longer ride on scooters. We were allowed in on our scooters for years, now our last several trips we got turned away. They do offer us manual wheelchairs, but not only are they too small, but we cannot drive ourselves that far.

I feel your pain. See my rant about strollers. They need to work on that policy on future world.

villavic
12-26-2012, 10:54 PM
The dinosaurs are cool though

I skipped it in 2012 and think I saw it in 2009 for the... third or fourth time i think?

I don't know if the dinosaurs will be still cool to me, I think I would update them a bit, and definitely the film must be updated. It's not the worst, not even a bad ride to me.

And yes, we would miss it if they close it, but it needs to be updated.

Lindsey310
12-28-2012, 06:33 PM
worst ride/show in epcot
Agreed!

lawgirl
12-28-2012, 06:38 PM
are you kidding me??

Circle of Life movie takes that one...

And the ride isn't terrible exactly, it just needs a revamp. Shorter opening movie, maybe a much newer film with new guests. (Trebek hasn't sported the 'stache in a decade :D) The ride elements are ok once it gets going, but the movie is surely past it's sell-by date.

I totally agree!
I really like the ride alot, always have. The movie is horrific though...so long and out of date. I hope they update the movie and the movie elements (horrible Ellen "mannequin" in the ride is beyond terrible!). But the dinosaur part is still really cool!

Sylvia
12-28-2012, 08:34 PM
I know I'm one of the few...but I still really enjoy it...could use a bit of an update but we go every trip.

I'm another of the few who enjoys this attraction and includes it on every trip.

EJS-Houston
01-09-2013, 02:29 PM
Opinions are subjective. I still enjoy it.

Same here...I ride it every time I'm there and I enjoy Ellen's humor and "Stupid Judy" every time.

sportsguy2315
01-09-2013, 03:20 PM
When I worked in EPCOT, I was actually surprised at the positive reception UoE got. The best one though were these Spanish tourists who wanted to see "The Ellen Show". I guess they thought she taped her show there?

MississippiDisneyFreak
01-09-2013, 03:31 PM
Personally I enjoyed the ride, although its a bit dated. The biggest con is the one that keeps me from riding again and that is its too long....on a shorter trip it takes up too much park time

Bass T-bone
01-10-2013, 04:22 PM

:ditto:

...and the original was not "dated".

Wayne
01-10-2013, 05:55 PM
:ditto:

...and the original was not "dated".

Agreed.

jefmblrd
01-10-2013, 08:09 PM
I love this attraction and never miss visiting it on every trip. I enjoy the show as well as the relaxing time sitting down--especially on a hot day in Epcot when I've been doing a lot of walking.

I agree that it's dated, but I still look forward to seeing it and always love when the seats start to move--especially when I'm on the ride with someone who has never been on it.

GBBT
01-11-2013, 02:12 PM
Isn't the dinosaur part from the '64/'65 World's Fair Ford Exhibit that Walt built?

Stu29573
01-11-2013, 02:13 PM
Isn't the dinosaur part from the '64/'65 World's Fair Ford Exhibit that Walt built?

No, those dinos are at Disneyland on the train ride.

DisneyDawgette
01-11-2013, 11:13 PM
Wrong. I can think of at least three worse right off the top of my head, two of which involve imgaination.....

I sure hope you're going after Captain EO! Because HOLY COW, worst ride in the world. As for dearest Figment, I love that purple dragon too much to put him down! ;)

But to be perfectly honest, I enjoyed Ellen on this last one. Wish they'd ditch Bill Nye, he's not my favorite... But I don't mind this ride once a trip if there's time... and lots of it! :thumbsup:

PopPhan
01-14-2013, 11:27 AM
Maybe they should make up a new show with the MythBusters!! Energy myths and truths.... I would love to see what that crew could come up with!

Stu29573
01-14-2013, 11:30 AM
I sure hope you're going after Captain EO! Because HOLY COW, worst ride in the world. As for dearest Figment, I love that purple dragon too much to put him down! ;)

But to be perfectly honest, I enjoyed Ellen on this last one. Wish they'd ditch Bill Nye, he's not my favorite... But I don't mind this ride once a trip if there's time... and lots of it! :thumbsup:

Yep, EO has to go...and although I like Figgy, the ride is a shell of its former self...

Cheshire_Girl
01-14-2013, 11:57 AM
Seems to me that people either really love it or really hate this one.
Believe it or not I have made it over a year of frequent weekend visits and have not expereinced this one yet. My DB hates it!! (Well, hates the film part, but says the ride is decent)
I guess I'm going to have to make a solo dolo trip and finally form an opinion on this one :confused:

bruin1344
01-14-2013, 01:14 PM
I hate Captain EO also. Only reason I dont hate it more than Ellen is because its about half hour less. Bring back Honey I Shrunk the Audience or a new show.

Keep Journey. I like how there is never a wait on those hot days plus Nigel Channing/Eric Idle cracks me up.

Dulcee
01-14-2013, 02:32 PM
Oh man I love Ellen and Bill Nye!

Being a child of the late 80's Bill Nye holds a special place in my childhood.

Dulcee
01-14-2013, 02:34 PM
Maybe they should make up a new show with the MythBusters!! Energy myths and truths.... I would love to see what that crew could come up with!

Even with my Ellen/Science Guy love I think that is an awesome suggestion...MythBusters would be a very cool twist for the Universe of Energy. With all the misnomers out there about electric cars, solar energy etc they could make the ride alot of fun and really educational.

Scrappy2
01-19-2013, 12:13 PM
I'm a nerd but I love This ride!!