PDA

View Full Version : Free D23 Membership....

DizneyFreak2002
12-20-2012, 06:50 PM
Heard about this last month... In fact, I had this discussion with a member here.. :)

DVC members will be able to get a free D23 membership, starting in 2013, January I believe... Not sure if this will only be for new D23 memberships or for all DVC members including those who have renewing memberships...

TinkerbellT421
12-20-2012, 07:03 PM
Woohoo! Confirmed? :mickey:

DizneyFreak2002
12-20-2012, 07:15 PM

Look at DVC member benefits in January sometime.... Possibly "complimentary" membership...

DizneyRox
12-21-2012, 08:12 AM
It does not include the magazine portion still correct? If it is unchanged, the complimentary membership really just allows you to buy the D23 only "perks".

VWL Mom
12-21-2012, 08:41 AM
According to the recent Disney Files magazine "DVC members who register for their complimentary D23 membership level will receive a D23 membership card that enables them to access special discounts, events, merchandise and more."

This seems to be similar to the current silver level without the welcome gifts. It was originally reported that you would be able to upgrade to gold (which included the magazines) but that has not been confirmed. However, if you are interested in the magazines you could buy them separately on the D23 section of the Disney store.

Details will be posted to the DVC site in January.

DizneyFreak2002
12-21-2012, 11:06 AM
According to the recent Disney Files magazine "DVC members who register for their complimentary D23 membership level will receive a D23 membership card that enables them to access special discounts, events, merchandise and more."

This seems to be similar to the current silver level without the welcome gifts. It was originally reported that you would be able to upgrade to gold (which included the magazines) but that has not been confirmed. However, if you are interested in the magazines you could buy them separately on the D23 section of the Disney store.

Details will be posted to the DVC site in January.

When did you get the new Disney Files maagzine? I haven't gotten the new one yet... This was in there?

Well, apparently it was mentioned in the new Disney Files magazine so consider it confirmed... :thumbsup:

VWL Mom
12-21-2012, 12:00 PM
When did you get the new Disney Files maagzine? I haven't gotten the new one yet... This was in there?

I want to say it came early part of last week. In future issues they will be adding "Page 23" which will list the latest news and offerings from D23.

DizneyFreak2002
12-21-2012, 01:32 PM
I want to say it came early part of last week. In future issues they will be adding "Page 23" which will list the latest news and offerings from D23.

Awesome! I'll be on the look out for the new issue... For some reason I always get things later than others from DVC... LOL...

seanyred
12-22-2012, 01:02 PM
Yep saw it in my Disney Files got it two weeks ago. Of course I have to renew before the year us done but want to continue to receive the D23. So have to wait and see if there will be a discount for gold members.

DizneyFreak2002
12-22-2012, 02:52 PM
FINALLY!!!! I got my issue today... Geez... Saw the article... Why do I always get my DVC mailings later than others? The only one they don't send me late is the annual dues bill... LOL...

EDIT: And to think Tink, you almost doubted me when I told you, what, last month? LOL

TinkerbellT421
12-22-2012, 03:51 PM
FINALLY!!!! I got my issue today... Geez... Saw the article... Why do I always get my DVC mailings later than others? The only one they don't send me late is the annual dues bill... LOL...

EDIT: And to think Tink, you almost doubted me when I told you, what, last month? LOL

I never doubt you :thumbsup:

Edit: we still haven't gotten our dvc files mag yet either lol

DizneyFreak2002
12-26-2012, 03:09 PM
I never doubt you :thumbsup:

Edit: we still haven't gotten our dvc files mag yet either lol

yea, yea yea.. sure LOL...

Glad I'm not the only one who doesn't get my DVC mailings early like everyone else... But they make sure our yearly dues bill is sent on time though... :mad:

DizneyFreak2002
01-08-2013, 10:22 PM
Does anyone remember when in January this free D23 membership was to take place? I tossed the Disney Files magazine that gave the info... So far, nothing on the DVC member website... All I heard was January, and remember it being confirmed in the magazine... Just didn't know if the magazine gave a specific date as I was not made aware of one...

VWL Mom
01-09-2013, 07:13 AM
It says it will begin in early 2013 and will be posted on the member site in January, nothing up there yet though.

MyDisneyworld
01-11-2013, 07:36 AM
This is great news as my wife has been wanting this. Can't wait for it to finally show up to get it.

DizneyFreak2002
01-24-2013, 04:20 PM
And here comes the slap in the face:

Via DVCNews.com

In late 2012 Disney Vacation Club reported that its members would soon be eligible for a free membership in D23: The Official Disney Fan Club. New details have since emerged as to exactly what that free level of participation would entail.

Among the benefits of the complimentary D23 membership being offered to Disney Vacaiton Club owners are:

Weekly D23 FanFare email newsletter
Access to restricted web content
Ability to purchase D23 merchandise
Access to select D23 member discounts

Among the perks NOT available in this free membership level are:

Membership card and certificate
Annual membership gift
Access to D23 exclusive events
Subscription to the D23 quarterly print magazine

These differences make the complimentary DVC membership level a separate entity from D23's standard Gold and Silver level offerings. The Gold level membership includes all of the above for an annual fee of $74.95. The Silver level membership includes all listed perks except the print magazine for $29.95 per year.
Disney Vacation Club had previously indicated that members would be able to register for the free D23 club access sometime in January 2013. That date appears to have been pushed back as DVC now states that members will receive registration information via email sometime in the spring of 2013.

So, basically, the items that make the membership worth it aren't even included... Basically, they are giving you the right to buy merchandise.. Ah, should have known they wouldn't do something to actually be a benefit to DVC owners...

VWL Mom
01-24-2013, 05:55 PM
I was just wondering why nothing was out yet....now I know. Disappointing, I thought they'd be giving the silver level and an option to buy up to gold.

TinkerbellT421
01-24-2013, 08:32 PM
That is annoying and frustrating. No interest, at all. :ack:

I agree vwlmom, I thought so too.

DizneyRox
01-25-2013, 05:14 AM
And here comes the slap in the face:

So, basically, the items that make the membership worth it aren't even included... Basically, they are giving you the right to buy merchandise.. Ah, should have known they wouldn't do something to actually be a benefit to DVC owners...

I'm pretty sure this is what I've been saying from the get go. This isn't new news...

Not a fan of D23 from the day it was announced, it never made sense to me to pay for the right to purchase 'exclusive' merchandise. I guess some people fall for the though...

DizneyFreak2002
01-25-2013, 02:42 PM
I'm pretty sure this is what I've been saying from the get go. This isn't new news...

Not a fan of D23 from the day it was announced, it never made sense to me to pay for the right to purchase 'exclusive' merchandise. I guess some people fall for the though...

When broken down, it comes to what, 15 bucks for each magazine? I have read a few of them, and like them honestly, but not at 15 bucks a clip.... Barnes and Noble by me used to carry the magazine, and that is where I read them... Not worth it.. And the free membership is a complete joke...