PDA

View Full Version : Best choice at Marrakesh?

busterthebronco
12-19-2012, 09:50 AM
We flipped a coin and are eating at Marrakesh for the first time!
What do we get?
:confused:

Strmchsr
12-19-2012, 10:38 AM
The kabobs are great. I've also really enjoyed the lamb.

snowflakegirl
12-19-2012, 11:35 AM
I've eaten here twice now and love it. Both times I've gone for lunch and both times I've gotten the Sultan Sampler. Everything on it was delicious (especially the beef brewat rolls and the vegetable couscous) and gives you a sampling of three different types of food. I'm not sure if it's offered during dinner, but if it's not, the Shish Kebab and the Roast Lamb Meshoui that my husband tried were both tasty as well.

Janmac
12-19-2012, 11:32 PM
I really liked the lemon chicken the first time I tried it, many years ago. Since then, it's sometimes awesome and sometimes nothing to write home about. My niece likes the kebabs. My sister get lamb since she loves it and seldom fixes it for herself. In 2010 we brought some newbies (in their mid-50s) to Marrakesh. They are not adventurous eaters but were up for the experience. They both ordered a fish choice and were surprised to find they enjoyed their meal.

My favorite are the many layered pastries for dessert (who needs an entree?!?) and the mint tea is a big crowd pleaser with our group.

My niece said, the other day, that she enjoys Marrakesh more for the atmosphere and great service than for the food, which to her is okay but not usually awesomely great.

Jan