PDA

View Full Version : 2 dinning questions

luvkatiebug
12-19-2012, 09:24 AM
We will be traveling to WDW in July (crazy, I know) and we will be in the parks for my birthday (yeah!). I am looking for dinning suggestions for a fun birthday time. I have 2 daughters 8 and 12, and we have done many of the typical character meals, but looking for something different for this "old lady's" birthday, but at the same time something my kids (and husband) will enjoy. Any ideas?

Also, my 12 year old is a picky eater and would much rather eat off of the kids menu / buffet than most things off of the regular selections. I know that I have to pay adult price for her, but can she continue to partake in the nuggets and cheese pizza if need be? Thanks. :mickey:

Strmchsr
12-19-2012, 09:44 AM
Also, my 12 year old is a picky eater and would much rather eat off of the kids menu / buffet than most things off of the regular selections. I know that I have to pay adult price for her, but can she continue to partake in the nuggets and cheese pizza if need be? Thanks. :mickey:

I assume by talking about paying adult price that you're doing the DDP? In general if you have a picky child the DDP is not a good value. You'd be better off going OOP on your food. Then she can order off the child's menu or share food with you and it's no big deal. The DDP has gotten so expensive you really have to work hard to make it a value and having an adult priced DDP with eating off the child's menu would mean you would actually lose a lot of money on that deal. It's possible, just not a good financial decision.

As for fun places, it depends on what you consider fun. Good food? Entertainment? Places like Sci-Fi or 50s Prime Time are fun. CRT is a great birthday experience, especially with daughters. But any place at Disney can make for a fun birthday meal - Rose & Crown, Via Napoli, Merikkesh, etc.

TinkerbellT421
12-19-2012, 09:48 AM
Have you done 1900 Park Fare? It's not the "typical" characters like Princesses, Fab Five, etc. It has the Mad Hatter, Alice in Wonderland, Mary Poppins, etc., good buffet, and the character exchange is an absolute HOOT!

Like Strmchaser asked, what are you looking for as good birthday entertainment? Characters? Atmosphere? Food? All of the above?

luvkatiebug
12-19-2012, 10:24 AM
Even though its MY birthday, lets be honest, its all about my girls! I actually have the GF on my to do list b/c we have never even set foot in that resort. I would say that characters are a plus, but not necessary. I did also think about one of the shows like Hoop De Doo revue. Thanks for the input.

TinkerbellT421
12-19-2012, 10:25 AM
Even though its MY birthday, lets be honest, its all about my girls! I actually have the GF on my to do list b/c we have never even set foot in that resort. I would say that characters are a plus, but not necessary. I did also think about one of the shows like Hoop De Doo revue. Thanks for the input.

Hoop De Doo is a TON of fun! Hoping to do that again soon. I definitely recommend Hoop De Doo!

Strmchsr
12-19-2012, 10:39 AM
You might also look into doing the High Tea at the GF. Your husband might need to go golfing or something during that time but it would be a really fun girls experience.

SBETigg
12-19-2012, 12:47 PM
'Ohana is a fun family experience, if you haven't done that yet. If you prefer to stick to buffets for your picky daughter, Boma is excellent (with a whole station of more kid friendly foods) and you could do some nighttime animal viewing later. Biergarten is also a fun family experience, something to try once, with a lively band and dancing, and also some kid friendly buffet choices. Cape May Cafe or 1900 Park Fare might be a different, fun family experience if you haven't hit those yet.

WDW_Meltdown
12-19-2012, 10:30 PM
The Hoop De Doo is a hoot.

If your looking for something a little more personal, take a look at Teppan Edo at Epcot. It has a simular experience to a Benihana.
See Link http://tinyurl.com/45ao29z