PDA

View Full Version : Akershus with Dining Plan?

White Rose
12-18-2012, 12:52 PM
Hi everyone,

I booked a character dinner at Akershus while I'm going to be on my trip and I understand it costs 1 TS (we will be on the dining plan) but I was a little confused on how it worked with the dining plan. I see they have entrees and a cold buffet. Does the 1 TS entitle you to both or do you have to choose between the buffet and the entree? Any help is appreciated!

TinkerbellT421
12-18-2012, 12:55 PM
The "entree" is actually breakfast items and a "family style buffet" where you can eat as much as you like and they bring it to your table. The cold buffet consisted of some deli type cold meats, fruit, etc. You are entitled to both.

Niecyboo
12-18-2012, 05:54 PM
For Dinner you order an item off the menu, and then the cold buffet is more like a very meaty "salad bar" that you get while waiting for your items. Years ago, they said you could order a second item from the menu, but now it's pretty much like a normal menu where you pick one thing, order it and then you are done. Dessert comes to the table family style and I believe you can still get more of that.

Niecyboo
12-18-2012, 05:55 PM
Of course, you can get seconds or more on the "cold buffet" items. My daughter loves their smoked salmon and will eat plate after plate of it.

TinkerbellT421
12-18-2012, 06:56 PM
I apologize, I misread the OP's reservations as the breakfast! :blush:

White Rose
12-19-2012, 01:30 AM
I apologize, I misread the OP's reservations as the breakfast! :blush:

Perfectly alright! I figured it probably worked the same for both. And thank you to Denise for your answers too! I book with Kathy at Magical Journeys every time I go now. :)

Gator
12-20-2012, 04:53 PM
Of course, you can get seconds or more on the "cold buffet" items. My daughter loves their smoked salmon and will eat plate after plate of it.

Yip. I love their smoked salmon, mackeral, and trout. I keep going back for more. I like the cold bar more than the hot food. But NOT as much as dessert :D

White Rose
12-20-2012, 04:56 PM
Yip. I love their smoked salmon, mackeral, and trout. I keep going back for more. I like the cold bar more than the hot food. But NOT as much as dessert :D

Do you have good experiences from the restaurant? I keep hearing good things!