PDA

View Full Version : bus transport from AK to EPCOT

brianjdu4
12-18-2012, 08:13 AM
Disney.com is telling me I have to go to a resort to switch to an Epcot bus from AKingdom. In the past there was a bus to take you straight to Epcot. Anyone know if this is correct?

BrerGnat
12-18-2012, 08:27 AM
I believe that is wrong. I distinctly remember there being park to park buses. In fact, on our last trip, we wanted to go from AK to Epcot. The line for THAT bus was huge. There was NO line for the AK to TTC bus, so we took that and then the monorail to Epcot. But, the point is, there WAS a direct bus from AK to Epcot.

TinkerbellT421
12-18-2012, 08:51 AM
Yea I agree with Nat. I am pretty sure I have seen a park to park bus at AK. I think it's the only park that does a park to park bus, but I almost distinctly remember there being a Epcot and Hollywood Studios bus.....

ibelieveindisneymagic
12-18-2012, 09:12 AM
Yes, there are park-to-park busses between Epcot and AK. We park-hopped on a previous trip and gettting from park to park was fairly easy.

There is no DTD - park transportation though, for that you do have to transfer at a resort.

Eponine
12-18-2012, 09:59 AM
I just took the direct bus from AK to EPCOT this past November.

Just walk over the far side that it goes from (#13 if I remember correctly). Follow the sings and you will be fine.

MickeysBestPal
12-18-2012, 11:19 AM
There is "direct" (-some more "direct" -some less) transportation between all the WDW theme parks.

Most routes are via Disney Buses.

Here are the "park-to-park" Disney Transportation direct connections:

>Note: The MK bus connections arrive and depart only at TTC.<

MK/TTC> Epcot = Monorail
MK/TTC> DHS = Bus
MK/TTC> AK= Bus

AK> DHS= Direct Bus
AK> Epcot= Direct Bus
AK> TTC/MK= Bus

DHS> TTC/MK= Bus
DHS> AK= Direct Bus
DHS> Epcot= Direct Bus (Epcot Front Gate) or Boat (Epcot Intl. Gateway)
......Boats ("Friendships") make 3 interim stops at the Epcot area resorts.)

Epcot > TTC/MK= Monorail
Epcot > AK= Direct Bus
Epcot> DHS= Direct Bus (Epcot Front Gate) or Boat (Epcot Intl. Gateway)
......Boats ("Friendships") make 3 interim stops at the Epcot area resorts.)

The buses have their destinations shown on them on illuminated signs.
The bus stops at the parks are also marked with signage.

As a rule-of-thumb, allow 40-60 minutes to get from the gates of one park to the gates of another park.

artifle
12-19-2012, 01:37 AM
I am quite interesting in this topic hope you will elaborate more on it in future posts. Thank you very much for sharing this resource

MargaretMessler
12-19-2012, 03:18 AM
I definitely remember seeing buses directly to all other parks from AK. Like others have said, the MK bus actually goes to the TTC.

WDW_Meltdown
12-19-2012, 10:35 PM
I was just there 2 weeks ago and took the bus from Epcot to Animal Kingdom.

The only lack of bus service that I know of is from Downtown Disney to the Parks via versa and resort to restort.