PDA

View Full Version : Anyone up for a virtual Christmas Cookie exchange?

VWL Mom
12-18-2012, 07:36 AM
I'm making my list for the ingredients I need to start my baking and realize I have way to many cookies on my list so little baking time left so I thought of exchanging with some of my Intercot friends.

I'm bringing my sons' favorite to the exchange, Chocolate Peanut Butter Cup cookies. They're a wonderful chocolate cookie, when they're hot from the oven you press a mini peanut butter cup on top, then when totally cool you drizzle with melted peanut butter chips.....yum!

:candy: :ornament: :santa: :tree:

disney obsessed
12-18-2012, 08:20 AM
Mmmmmmmmmm cookies.....

Snickerdoodles say christmas in my house. Here are some for you.

TinkerbellT421
12-18-2012, 08:26 AM
Peanut Butter Blossoms.

Stick a hershey kiss in the middle of a delicious sugar/peanut butter cookie and mmmm mmmm mm.

Ms. Mode
12-18-2012, 09:12 AM
We have Chocolate Caramel Brownies, the actual name is Knock You....well I better not tell you. :blush:

Mickey'sGirl
12-18-2012, 09:36 AM
Cardamom biscuit shells dipped in chocolate. I make these for my sister especially, and they have become a huge favourite! I'm thinking we would enjoy the PB cup ones though!!

TheDuckRocks
12-18-2012, 12:04 PM
My favorite still are good old fashion decorated sugar cookies. I thnk it all has to do with the icing them and putting on sprinkles with all the family helping.
I'm sharing the gingerbread ones with their mouse ears.:mickey:

wilcat
12-18-2012, 02:05 PM
My fav is no bake choco-peanut butter cookies. Chocolate chips, peanut butter, oatmeal and sugar make the best cookies. Throw them on wax paper and let them set up overnight. Pure heaven to eat the next day.

Kenny1113
12-18-2012, 04:26 PM
I'm bringing my sons' favorite to the exchange, Chocolate Peanut Butter Cup cookies. They're a wonderful chocolate cookie, when they're hot from the oven you press a mini peanut butter cup on top, then when totally cool you drizzle with melted peanut butter chips.....yum!

:candy: :ornament: :santa: :tree:

These sound like they would be a huge hit with my boys who love PB and chocolate!

We also do peanut butter blossoms and my own version of 7 layer bars (bc I hate coconut). hhmmm maybe I should rethink that, if I add the coconut might help with my lack of will power. ;)

missymouseworld
12-18-2012, 07:37 PM
A hit in my house is Nut Tassies....they have to be hidden until Christmas or they will be gone. They are chopped walnuts with brown sugar baked inside a small pastry cup that was pressed into a mini muffin tin. YUMMY :chef::tasty:

jmj18
12-18-2012, 10:18 PM
I'll bring Pignoli cookies...yummy!

:mickey:

VWL Mom
12-19-2012, 07:37 AM
So many yummy cookies!

Peanut Butter Blossoms are #2 with my boys. I shortcut them though using BC peanut butter cookie mix rather than from scratch :blush:

I forgot all about Nut Tassies, my mom used to make them. Delicious!

Kay, I agree with you about sugar cookies, memories of decorating with my mom and then with my boys when they were little are times I will always cherish.

jmj18, do you make them or buy them? Growing up in an italian family they were a Christmas Eve must have. Can't find a bakery in my area that makes them well and all the recipes I have just don't cut it.

Aurora
12-19-2012, 08:38 AM
I'll bring a batch of my Bohemian great-grandmother's crescent cookies -- butter cookies with pecans and sprinkled with powdered sugar.

My aunt has made tassies every Christmas since I was a little girl. I love them. To me they're a comfort food!

Also love the rolled up pinwheel cookies. Think I'll bake today!

Mickey'sGirl
12-19-2012, 02:34 PM
I'll bring a batch of my Bohemian great-grandmother's crescent cookies -- butter cookies with pecans and sprinkled with powdered sugar.

I make German ones (made with almonds)!

jmj18
12-19-2012, 09:03 PM
I make them...I use the recipe from Barefoot Contessa...super easy and YUMMY!!!! They are pricey to make but I get the pignoli nuts at one of the warehouse stores...much better prices...

:mickey:

Janmac
12-21-2012, 01:01 PM
My favorite still are good old fashion decorated sugar cookies. I thnk it all has to do with the icing them and putting on sprinkles with all the family helping.
I'm sharing the gingerbread ones with their mouse ears.:mickey:

Definitely. We go crazy with icing in several different colors and have a Christmas cookie decorating party with extended family.

My fav is no bake choco-peanut butter cookies. Chocolate chips, peanut butter, oatmeal and sugar make the best cookies. Throw them on wax paper and let them set up overnight. Pure heaven to eat the next day.

Love the no bake cookies which I always thought were called Missouri Mud Cookies, til we moved to Missouri and my sister's m-i-l called them Chocolate No Bake. :confused:

Today I'm making Amish Sugar Cookies 'cause I'm lazy but want some cookies for my Dear Niece to take with her tonight and for my Dear Grandson's family to take with them tomorrow. This recipe makes a HUGE amount, so I'll have some to share, maybe with sprinkles or colored sugar, haven't decided. I make them almost bite sized instead of the 3" across ones called for in the recipe.

Jan