PDA

View Full Version : New Fantasyland?

WDWgoofy
12-17-2012, 07:37 PM
I've been reading about the new Fantasyland, but it seems as though there is not much to it?:confused:

I am curious are there attractions in the new area for a middle-age couple, no kids and no interest in character greeting areas?

Strmchsr
12-17-2012, 08:03 PM
The Little Mermaid is a classic dark ride and fun for all ages. The Be Our Guest restaurant, especially dinner, is much more adult oriented. Gaston's Tavern is nice, too. The Storybook Circus area is definitely more aimed at kids, unless you're a big kid who likes to ride Dumbo. Eventually the 7 Dwarves Coaster will complete the set.

Maleficent_vf
12-17-2012, 09:55 PM
As an adult who travels to WDW with her senior parents, the aspect of the New Fantasyland that intrigues me is the overall theming. I don't see us joining Belle for storytime or riding the Dumbo ride or Goofy's roller coaster (is Goofy still in charge of the coaster). The images I've seen so far look like the Imagineerings have done a great job of creating Beast's kingdom and Prince Eric's, etc. I'm hoping to give my new camera a good workout on our next journey (15 days and counting! :cloud9:).

larjani
12-17-2012, 10:00 PM
What about Peter Pan ride, and the other dark rides? Did they get moved, or are they off to the side? I thought the remodel would be more like Disneyland?

DizneyFreak2002
12-17-2012, 10:10 PM
What about Peter Pan ride, and the other dark rides? Did they get moved, or are they off to the side? I thought the remodel would be more like Disneyland?

Peter Pan is still there... The new Fantasyland area uses the land that was once occupied by 20K...

Katzateer
12-18-2012, 08:16 AM
If you like Beauty and the Beast you will love the new Fantasyland. The Little Mermaid ride is also well done. The details are wonderful.

With no little kids a walk through is worth it for the other areas near the new Fantasyland railroad station. I think the kids will enjoy the double Dumbos but I miss the view of the castle from the other location.

They did a great job with the new Fantasyland and the Be Our Guest dining room is breathtaking.

Katzateer
12-18-2012, 08:26 AM
As an adult who travels to WDW with her senior parents, the aspect of the New Fantasyland that intrigues me is the overall theming. I don't see us joining Belle for storytime or riding the Dumbo ride or Goofy's roller coaster (is Goofy still in charge of the coaster). The images I've seen so far look like the Imagineerings have done a great job of creating Beast's kingdom and Prince Eric's, etc. I'm hoping to give my new camera a good workout on our next journey (15 days and counting! :cloud9:).

If you can, Belle's story time is worth a one time visit and then decide - lots of surprises and fun and it is not Belle reading a story. Very interactive and fun to watch the guests that participate. And have your camera ready, especially in Maurice's workshop.

I didn't think Goofy's roller coaster looked any different but you won't recognize the area around it - all new.

Ms. Mode
12-18-2012, 09:18 AM
My DH and I were allowed in during the CM preview and we thought it was great. The area is beautiful and Little Mermaid ride we had to ourselves...it is nicely done. We didn't go into Belle's Storytime thing, but will save that for when our DD is with us.

This was our first trip just the two of us, both 50ish and Fantasyland added a really nice twist to the trip.

WDWgoofy
12-19-2012, 10:57 AM
Thanks as always for the great responses.

We return February 2:mickey:

Kaps
12-19-2012, 01:43 PM
We went through it but my kids range d=from 10 to 16 and they were not thrilled only did it once in 10 days

Zip-a-Dee-Doo-Da Disney
12-19-2012, 10:46 PM
The Storybook Circus area is ur Guest definitely more aimed at kids, unless you're a big kid who likes to ride Dumbo.

Im a big kid who LOVES to ride Dumbo!