PDA

View Full Version : Early arrival check-in & Bell services

Grumpys Crew
12-16-2012, 11:16 AM
Hi Folks! I could use a little of all of your vast knowledge, if you could share. We will be arriving at POR(Dixie Landings), around 10:30ish AM and were wondering if we could not only check-in, but drop off our bags at bell services? Since it's doubtful our room(s) would be ready, we were hoping to drop our bags/luggage at bell services while we go shopping, park hopping, ect., and return to the resort later in the afternoon and have our bags delivered to our room. Have any of you done this before? How easy of difficult was the experience? Thanks for all You're Help!!

hauntedmansiongirl
12-16-2012, 11:56 AM
You may be able to get into your room right away, especially if you're flexible with location etc. If they are not busy your chances are higher of course.

If your room is not ready you can leave your luggage with bell services and get out to the parks or the resort pool right away. They will deliver your luggage to your room or you can pick up up yourself later. Some resorts are quicker at this than others.

Have a great time! You will have so much fun!!! :mickey:

ibelieveindisneymagic
12-16-2012, 12:42 PM
Exactly! It won't be a problem at all to have them hold your luggage, and you may be surprised and have at least one of your rooms ready for you.

We've done it both ways, checked in early and had to wait for our room, and checked in early and had the room ready and waiting. I almost liked it not being ready more, since I didn't have to unpack before heading to the parks. ;)

DisneyWFan
12-16-2012, 12:45 PM
That is what my family does when we go to Disney & we have never had a problem. The luggage is always in the room waiting for us when we get back to the room. Enjoy your trip :)

MargaretMessler
12-16-2012, 04:24 PM
I always arrive early, and have checked in and left my luggage with bell services on numerous occasions. On all except for one, all our bags were in our assigned room when we returned. Once, they neglected to drop off one bag, I went down and retrieved it myself once I realized it was "missing".

If you use online check in (assuming you are not fussy on room location, as others have said), you note your anticipated arrival time, so this may help with the room being ready when you get there.

Keneva
12-16-2012, 05:54 PM
We always check in as early as we can. The last trip we arrived at 7:30 am and the room we requested was open. They checked us in and we went to the room to check it out before heading to the EMH at MK. It felt like we got a free day at the hotel. On the back side of the trip we always request a late check out at 1pm and the request has always been approved. :D

j2k
12-16-2012, 06:26 PM
It should be no problem. We checked in at CSR at 7am and our room was ready. We quickly unpacked everything and headed to MK just in time for park opening.

brownie
12-17-2012, 11:44 AM
Yep, you can check-in then. Your room may or may not be ready; as noted by MargaretMesslet, using online check-in might help get you a room that's ready when you check-in. If your room's not ready, you can secure your luggage with bell services.