PDA

View Full Version : what's the deal with Peter Pan?

rnin02
12-15-2012, 09:03 PM
Why is the line so crazy? we waited close to 90 minutes tonight and just can't figure it out. we only waited because its DS's first trip and he really, really wanted to ride. they were letting about 50-70 fastpass riders go for every 2-4 regular. is that a normal ratio?

Altair
12-15-2012, 09:29 PM
It's because of the way they implement Fastpass at this ride. Fastpassers appear to have 100% priority on this attaction. You can stand in the Stand-by line forever.:(
It's been that way for years.

TinkerbellT421
12-15-2012, 10:33 PM
It was the same at rock n roller coaster and soarin. They would let 60 fast passers for every two regular riders. Someone started yelling at the cm, in which he responded, I'm working my ratios. So by my math they let 30 fast pass to every one stand by.

Main Street Jim
12-15-2012, 11:03 PM
FastPass ratio *at any attraction* is supposed to be....SUPPOSED to be....80 FP/20 standby. I know, I know...a LOT of CMs don't follow that ratio. But that's what they're supposed to be trained. My FP/Standby lines *never* got backed up...LOL

ibelieveindisneymagic
12-16-2012, 10:05 AM
Peter Pan is the one ride that we ALWAYS Fast Pass, since the line moves SO SLOWLY!!

Part of it is that it is a cute ride that most people want to to ride, and since you can't increase capacity, to keep the FP line moving, you have to let a lot of them in.

Melanie
12-16-2012, 10:11 AM
It's such a slow loader, regardless of FP or not. :unsure:

Reedy Creek Buccaneer
12-16-2012, 10:58 AM
This why I think this ride needs to be redone. Build a bigger and faster loading ride vehicle.

WDW_Meltdown
12-16-2012, 01:44 PM
Peter Pan's long lines are due to it's low rider capacity. Most of the old Fantasy Land dark rides have a low rider capacity causing them to develop long lines.

It's best to ride these rides first thing when the park opens, or to use a fast pass.

Another good time to ride is during the fireworks or parades.

The fast pass to stand by ratio is higher with these rides to ensure the fast pass guests do not have to wait unusually long periods. A long fast pass wait would defeat the purpose of the reserving the ride with fast pass.

cfoshe
12-17-2012, 09:18 AM
I was at DL a month ago, even tho the line seamed to be as long, it moved twice as fast, or maybe even faster, than at WDW. The main difference I noticed was no one entering with fastpasses. I noticed that on several rides, the lines seemed to move better because they did not have people entering with fastpasses. I will even say that on some rides, like Peter Pan, the fastpass line kills it.

CU Tiger
12-20-2012, 02:15 PM
We hardly ever ride Peter Pan becasue of the wait. It is not worth it and it is not worth the use of a fast pass.:mickey:

Katzateer
12-21-2012, 08:48 AM
Our last trip in October was the first time we did not get to ride Peter Pan. The line was crazy long and no fast passes - missed it!

Dopey's Girl
12-21-2012, 09:40 PM
The capacity and load time make this one a tough one. If I can get back to Fantasyland first thing in the morning, I'll hop in line, but that almost never happens. It's a cute ride, but not worth
45 mins in line!

bruin1344
12-22-2012, 08:55 AM
We hardly ever ride Peter Pan becasue of the wait. It is not worth it and it is not worth the use of a fast pass.:mickey:

i agree

DizneyFreak2002
12-22-2012, 03:09 PM
It's such a slow loader, regardless of FP or not. :unsure:

Mel got it!

Huge part of the problem is the ride is such a slow loader... Add in 1970 technology, a mildew smell, and antique show scenes, well, Peter Pan is kind of a mess that needs some MAJOR overhauling.. And I don't mean one of those interactive queue...

Perfect opportunity to have fixed Peter Pan was with new Fantasyland... Should have added in Neverland to the northern portion of Storybook Circus (where Pixie Hollow was due to go)... Could have had Skull Rock (or what ever it was called) to be the facade of a show building and bring Peter Pan to the 21st Century...

Altair
12-22-2012, 07:53 PM
This ride was always a walk-on during off peak times of the year, until the start of FastPass. It may be a slow loader, but FastPass is the problem here. This ride is FastPass implemented at it's worse.:(

PeterPan
12-25-2012, 11:18 PM
Well, of course I am a little prejudiced (thus my Intercot name) but one of the reasons this attraction is always lined up....it's WONDERFUL! Yes, it's dated. Yes, it's slow. It's also - CLASSIC! I love the smell. I don't mind waiting - even if it only lasts 3 or 4 minutes. It takes you to Neverland. It took me to Neverland when I was 19. It took muy wife and I to Neverland on our Honeymoon. It took all four of our girls to Neverland when they were babies, children, youth, and adults. Now, it's taking their children to Neverland (got to ride it with my grandson just last January - WHAT A THRILL!) FastPass has complicated things, for sure, but.....it's STILL worth it!

rnin02
12-25-2012, 11:34 PM
I will admit I enjoyed it, and I loved pointing out everything to my DS, but to me it was not worth the 80-90 minute wait, and watching almost 4 mins worth of fast pass people go through while we were told to "wait just a second". Yes, we timed it, because at that point we were beyond frustrated with the wait and the way the line was being handled, and had great visions of letter writing once we got home (which hasn't happened yet, lol). There was a man ahead of us in line who actually got very belligerent, very loud and very rude with the CMs about the wait and the incredibly unfair ratio of fast pass to standby riders, and while I didn't agree with his methods, honestly he had a very valid point. But lesson learned, grab a fast pass early for this one! or avoid it so your kid doesn't ask for it;)

DVC2004
12-26-2012, 12:41 PM
This line to me always seems crazy, even in non-peak travel times. It's one of our favorites, but we only ride now if we can get fastpasses. I don't think I have seen the line in recent years with less than a 45 minute wait. And that queue line- deceiving from the outside but goes way back on the side.

villavic
12-26-2012, 10:59 PM
That's why I skipped it in decades. Actually I think I only entered once, in 1973. But I went again in 2012, and I did enjoyed it. It's not a great ride, I couldn't understand why it's so crowded (probably because of the movie), but it's far better than the Pooh or Snow White. It's actually beautiful.

BigThunderFan
01-03-2013, 04:02 PM
You guys think this is a slow loader, you should try Peter Pan in Disneyland!

I hit it as one of my first stops of the morning (before official opening with 8am entry) and it still had a wait because it loaded about half as fast as the WDW version!

Crow
01-03-2013, 11:26 PM
id like to go on it, but most times the line is prohibitive. it is a classic..