PDA

View Full Version : New Disneyworld.Com

DizneyFreak2002
12-15-2012, 12:34 AM
Don't know how many of you noticed this but WDW's website has changed... if you go to disneyworld.com, on the top if the site a bar appears asking you to switch to the new site... Once you click switch, the new site loads...

Seems to be much much better than what they had... Looks neater... Have to play around with it when I get the chance, depending on family matters (as I described in Water Cooler)...

If anyone gets plays around with it, let us know what you think...

Strmchsr
12-15-2012, 09:39 AM
So far it seems a little less buggy than then old site and a lot better looking. The new sites fits MUCH better with the Disney brand than the old version. It looks like a big improvement.

One BIG problem is that all my reservations for my upcoming Jan trip are gone. That means I'm going to have to call Disney and get the confirmation numbers for my reservations and manually enter them. That's a big pain. Not too happy about that. You'd figure they would have imported by account.

Strmchsr
12-16-2012, 08:46 AM
BTW, I found out the new site is still in Beta and is not being made available to everyone yet. It seems to be random people who get the bar about trying the new site at the top of their screen.

I do like that it has a place to manage Photopass, all reservations, create itineraries, and manage your Fastpass+ stuff all in one place.

Melanie
12-16-2012, 08:54 AM
Oh my goodness, I love, love, love that it has showtimes for all the 'entertainment'. That's a definite plus!

BrerGnat
12-16-2012, 09:12 AM
I just went over there to check it out. I did get the bar asking if I wanted to switch.

It was SUPER slow loading for my computer, although it's just a netbook so perhaps the site is too much of a memory hog.

I do appreciate that the new site doesn't say "see you in 10 days" like the last one has done for the past two months...(it was still showing my upcoming WL reservation for ICOT15....) :rolleyes:

Melanie
12-16-2012, 09:22 AM
I didn't have any issues with loading, Nat. In fact, it was super speedy (and I know we're on same internet ;) ).

BrerGnat
12-16-2012, 10:12 AM
I didn't have any issues with loading, Nat. In fact, it was super speedy (and I know we're on same internet ;) ).

Yeah, but my netbook just is slow on pages that have a lot of animated content. It used to happen on the old WDW page, but it is still happening. So, basically, I have seen no improvement on page loading speed, although I think the new site is much nicer and looks more user friendly.

DizneyFreak2002
12-16-2012, 11:25 AM
Reading these responses made me think about something... I use Firefox for my browser.. I also have a program running called Ad Muncher so the ads on websites are blocked (makes loading pages a whole lot faster)... When i went to the old WDW site, I wasn't getting the bar... I had to disable my ad muncher filtering to allow the bar to show up so I could switch over to the new site...

So, if anyone has any kind of ad filtering software running and the bar isn't showing, that could be an issue...

Strmchsr
12-16-2012, 12:41 PM
I also just discovered that online check-in will now be 60 days out. I'm within 60 days of my next trip now (41!) but it doesn't seem to be working quite yet. I'll keep trying on that, but that is definitely quite the expansion.

aeijohnson
12-20-2012, 09:41 PM
I am a little relieved to see that someone else had their reservations "disappear". I was sad and frustrated when I discovered this today, and thought it was just me. Anyone have thoughts on whether I should go to the trouble of "re-linking" them manually or call Disney to ask about this, or just wait a few days to see if it works out?

Strmchsr
12-21-2012, 08:57 AM
Anyone have thoughts on whether I should go to the trouble of "re-linking" them manually or call Disney to ask about this, or just wait a few days to see if it works out?

When I called about it they said you had to manually relink. That seems stupid that they couldn't import existing reservation over, but apparently it's necessary.

aeijohnson
12-21-2012, 09:45 PM
Even more frustrating, when I log in from my smartphone, reservations are still there, when I log in from my laptop, they are gone. :bang: