PDA

View Full Version : Epic Mickey: Pin Glitch

Elias1901
12-14-2012, 10:25 AM
For any of you who are fans of the original Epic Mickey game, I thought I'd share this bit of information. With the recent release of Epic Mickey 2: The Power of Two, I thought I'd play through the first game for the Nintendo Wii again (my first and only play-through would have been in 2010, when it was originally released) to refresh myself with the gameplay and storyline. I did just that and took about a week and a half to strive through the game about 4 times to achieve 100% completion.

Now, during these many play-throughs I have discovered a glitch/bug that some of you may or may not be aware of. On the end of my third play-through, I had a total of 105/105 which equals 100%, right? WRONG! I was still missing one gold pin (19/20) for some strange reason. Turns out that I accidentally forgot to collect the gold pin awarded from Jim in Ventureland for solving the last of his three riddles. :doh:

Completing this made my pin collection total jump to 106/105, which is slightly confusing. And to make this even stranger... I was playing in the Bog Easy level of the game and went into the shop and purchased an already pre-purchased pin called something like "Lonesome Manor Pin" or something. Buying this pin moved my total to 107/105... weird right?

Anyway, my theory is this. There was an oversight on the game developer's and tester's part that let a glitch/bug to be published in the final game. So, I believe in theory, playing through and collecting all the pins should give you a total of 105/105. That is however only if you collect everything ONCE. But, every play-through you start, you will be able to purchase the "Lonesome Manor Pin" from the store in Bog Easy multiple times. Thereby always leaving the potential to increase your pin-count past the max total: 105.

Just thought I would share this discovery as it really baffled me when trying to complete all the achievements and collect all the collectible items. Also, I found some typos and bad grammar in one of the characters in OsTown. Not sure who it was. Could've been the gremlin Prescott... or maybe it was the guy who looks like a retro version of Goofy. Anyway! I think I have OCD -- so things like this intrigue me for some reason. :blush:

Now... with the second Epic Mickey here, who all owns and is playing through this game? I bought a copy for the Xbox 360 and will probably buy a copy for the Wii-U if I get that system for Christmas. How're you guys finding the game? From playing through a couple hours with my friend in co-op yesterday I can honestly say the graphics and style and voice acting is pretty spiffy... but the gameplay style is really messing with me, considering I have a strong fondness with the original controls and gameplay style, seeing as I played it so many times already.

Hope to hear from some Epic Mickey fans!! :smickey:

Elias1901
12-24-2012, 01:16 AM
Heh. Are there no Epic Mickey players to be found here on Intercot? D:

Cheshire_Girl
12-26-2012, 12:20 PM
Heh. Are there no Epic Mickey players to be found here on Intercot? D:

I just got Epic 2 . I played for a few hours and decided I want to play first game first...go figure. Is it true you will have an easier time playing the game if you read the book ?

Elias1901
12-27-2012, 10:14 AM
I just got Epic 2. I played for a few hours and decided I want to play first game first... go figure. Is it true you will have an easier time playing the game if you read the book?

Haha. Well, it really makes the storyline more cohesive and understandable. I definatly recommend playing the first game to the end before the sequel. It's really creative and quite unique. Although be warned, if you're like me and play games for 100% completion... that means you'll have to play the first Epic Mickey game at least 3 times to do so.

Do you have the first game already? Or still waiting to buy it? Which console are you getting it for? I have the Wii, Wii U and Xbox 360 versions of the game(s), myself.

The players guidebook is not necessary as the game itself isn't super difficult. I'd say the guidebook is really helpful though if you're trying to locate all the collectible items, caged gremlins, etc. Otherwise, unless you collect the books as a collectible item, I wouldn't bother. Although with the original game's guidebook you do get a cool limited editopn game concept art cell! I have it framed in my room, it's really neat.

If you choose not to get the book, you can always come to me for help if your stuck or have any questions. I'm now kind of an expert on the game (well, at least the first one)!

Hope that helps.

Cheshire_Girl
12-27-2012, 02:43 PM
I found out that they didn't make the frist one for PS3...which is, of course, the system I have.
I don't intend on getting a new system, so I guess it will only by Epic 2 for this Disney fan!!
Bummer :)

Elias1901
12-27-2012, 02:52 PM
I found out that they didn't make the frist one for PS3...which is, of course, the system I have.
I don't intend on getting a new system, so I guess it will only by Epic 2 for this Disney fan!!
Bummer :)

Ah, sorry to hear that! Yah. It's only available on the original Nintendo Wii system. If you still want to know the storyline, you could always still look up cutscenes from the game online at YouTube.com!

IwannabeinNarnia
01-22-2013, 01:33 PM
I can't even find my way out of Dark Beauty Castle... my husband asked me how many times I was gonna keep playing the same segment...

Elias1901
01-26-2013, 07:21 AM
I can't even find my way out of Dark Beauty Castle... my husband asked me how many times I was gonna keep playing the same segment...

Dark Beauty Castle is the beginning segment of the game... it is basically all tutorial. You should be able to follow Gremlin Gus' instructions and make it out pretty quick. Do you know what part specifically you are stuck on? :confused:

Katzateer
01-26-2013, 08:28 AM
I was so excited when the first game came out but I never could get far on it on my Wii. If anyone is interested in the first game, PM me. It is just sitting in my basement gathering dust. Maybe sell it for 1/2 price nice it was around $50.

Elias1901
01-26-2013, 04:58 PM
I was so excited when the first game came out but I never could get far on it on my Wii. If anyone is interested in the first game, PM me. It is just sitting in my basement gathering dust. Maybe sell it for 1/2 price nice it was around $50.

Did you ever try using a walkthrough guide? I played through once without one and then with one for my other couple play-throughs. You don't even need to buy a player's guidebook these-days, most games have user-created strategy guides posted online on gaming websites.

IwannabeinNarnia
01-28-2013, 01:22 PM
i can't find the second gear needed to open that dang gate to get out.

Elias1901
01-29-2013, 01:08 PM
i can't find the second gear needed to open that dang gate to get out.

Haha...

:spoiler:

You don't "find" the gear, you paint it in! You will find a lot of instances throughout the game with challenges like that. It is apart of the game's unique play-style. With paint and thinner, you'll be able to paint things or erase them to nothingness.

IwannabeinNarnia
01-29-2013, 01:18 PM
can you add to that spoiler please? where do I 'paint it in' at? you can PM me so as to not ruin it for others who enjoy staying in the same sequence of a game for days on end trying to figure things out... LOL:D

Elias1901
01-29-2013, 02:02 PM
can you add to that spoiler please? where do I 'paint it in' at? you can PM me so as to not ruin it for others who enjoy staying in the same sequence of a game for days on end trying to figure things out... LOL:D

Hah! I don't think we have to worry at this point, the game is a couple years old now at this time.

Anyway, in Dark Beauty Castle, go down the hallway (that Gremlin Gus did the painting/thinning tutorial with you in), there will be an outline of the missing gear (above a door, I think), walk as close as you can to it and simply spray it with a burst of blue paint to get it turning again.

IwannabeinNarnia
01-29-2013, 04:08 PM
is that the one in the actual room with the tutorial about the paint? I figured that one out.. I mean the other gears.. where you need to find two gears to open the gate.. I found the one at the top of one of the ramps.. but there appears to be no where else to go. I guess I can just start spraying paint everywhere and maybe sooner or later it will appear?

Elias1901
01-29-2013, 08:15 PM
is that the one in the actual room with the tutorial about the paint? I figured that one out.. I mean the other gears.. where you need to find two gears to open the gate.. I found the one at the top of one of the ramps.. but there appears to be no where else to go. I guess I can just start spraying paint everywhere and maybe sooner or later it will appear?

Haha. Okay, so you're in the courtyard... there should be two gears on either side of the gate on the balconies above. One is on the upper right and one on the upper left. You just need to follow the path/stairs up onto the balcony and paint them both in to open up the gate.