PDA

View Full Version : Rainforrest cafe at dtd and rose & crown at epcot

Grumpys Crew
12-14-2012, 07:59 AM
hI FRIENDS! HAS ANYONE BEEN TO THE RAINFORREST CAFE AT DTD LATELY? HOW WAS IT? HOW ABOUT THE ROSE AND CROWN AT EPCOT? ANY RECENT REPORTS WOULD BE APPRECIATED!! THANKS:mickey:

faline
12-14-2012, 08:18 AM
I haven't eaten at Rainforest Cafe for a number of years now but, in my experience, it has not changed much over time. The Downton Disney one was undergoing a complete refurbishment of the exterior when we were last there in late October/early November.

We ate at Rose & Crown back in May - for lunch. I almost always order the fish & chips as I did in May. As always, it was quite yummy.

ibelieveindisneymagic
12-14-2012, 08:55 AM
We love the Rose & Crown. It is always one of our best meals at Disney.

The service is awesome, the servers love to chat (one gave DD a whole run-down on how the international program works, so she can appy in a few years), the atmopshere is good and the food is yummy. A plus (for DH) is "real" :beer:.

1DisneyNut
12-14-2012, 04:51 PM
It has been a couple of years since we ate at Rainforest Cafe. We have eaten there twice and it has sucked both times. We marked it off the list and will never go there again.

bruin1344
12-15-2012, 09:16 AM
R&C is one my favorites. Great food and beer and a nice spot to watch illuminations.

NJGIRL
12-17-2012, 08:38 PM
We like the Rainforest Cafe but perfer the menu at T-Rex.

Rose and Crown has good food but a little too noisey for us to enjoy a relaxing meal.

duck51
12-18-2012, 12:49 AM
We went last February. We timed it for the fireworks/water show so that was nice to sit outside and watch. But as for the food--overcooked and dry. My husband had the cottage pie and I had the Sunday Roast. Maybe having a dinner reservation late at night and the food is not as fresh? Who knows. Anyway, we don't think it was good enough to return for our next trip.

DisneyFan1979
12-18-2012, 01:14 PM
We had lunch at the Rainforest Cafe last year a couple days before Christmas and were pleasantly surprised. It wasn't a place I would have picked myself, but we we were eating with my cousins and their elementary school-age children. It's very noisy inside. But food-wise everything was well-prepared and good-quality. Although keep in mind that it was lunch, so we all had sandwiches and salads.

I like Rose & Crown alot. Though for me part of it is personal--I absolutely love England and all things British. The service has always been great. I just wish they had some lighter fare on their menu.