PDA

View Full Version : Returning to Epcot!!

DisneyMom3
12-13-2012, 11:50 AM
We used to be Florida annual pass holders, so we visited the WDW many times throughout the past 20 years. We haven't visited Epcot in about 6 years. We are going back 1/2013. So...what's new?? What has changed? I see they updated Test Track...how is it? Any new dining recommendations? Is the cheddar cheese soup at Le Cellier still awesome? I'm traveling with my teen and pre-teen sons. DH is attending a conference at the Dolphin.:mickey:

faline
12-13-2012, 12:10 PM
Were Mission:Space and Soarin' there on your last visit?

I haven't been there since they reopened Test Track so I can't comment on that.

The new Mexican Restaurant, La Hacienda is quite nice so you might like to try that.

They were recently in the process of revamping the pastry shop in France though I have not seen the outcome.

I believe Spaceship Earth has been redone since you were last there.

Other than that, I can't think of anything that would be very different.

emerzmom
12-13-2012, 12:18 PM
I don't think Mission Space was there 6 years ago. Your sons will likely really enjoy this ride!
Have fun!
:tink:
Julie

Ramblingman
12-13-2012, 01:08 PM
A lot of things in Future World will seem different to you, I think. Explore it all.

As for dining, not sure if it was there when you were last there, but Coral Reef is a great experience with wonderful food.

bruin1344
12-13-2012, 01:21 PM
Soarin and Mission Space were opened on my 2005 trip so they shouldve been opened if you went 6 years ago. I believe Spaceship Earth, Mission Space Green Line (tame version), Captain EO, Italian restaurants and the Mexico ride have been updated/added since your last visit. LeCellier, Rose & Crown, and Japanese Dining (sorry forgot the name) are my favorite Epcot table service restaurants.

Boster24
12-14-2012, 06:54 AM
As mentioned Spaceship Earth is updated since your last visit, and you kids will certainly enjoy the Sum of all Thrills in Innovations, here they can design their own coaster or jet fighter or bobsled and then ride it in the simulator.