PDA

View Full Version : Dining at Epcot

Gator
12-10-2012, 01:01 AM
Here's some of my opinions on the dining at Epcot during our recent 10 night stay.

Le Cellier We did this for lunch for the Candelight Processional. I had the NY Strip and the wife had the filet. It was just as good as we rememered them being. And the cheese soup was amazing. Especially with the pretzel bread. I was stuffed by the time my maple creme brulee arrived, but I scarfed it down anyway. The only bad part was my 1yo having a meltdown, which kinda took away from the enjoyment - sorry if you were there :D

Akershus for lunch This is really great for my daughters to get their pics with the princesses. We all love seeing them. But this is my favorite place to eat in all of WDW. I always get the Kjottkake - it's a meatloaf/meatball dish with berry topping and mashed taters. But the real attraction for me is the cold buffet. The blue cheese dressing is the best on site. I love the jarlsburg cheese imported from Norway - it's so good. And the cold makerel, trout, and salmon is smoked and seasoned so well. I love this place and can't imagine a WDW trip without it.

Lotus Blossom Cafe Did this place for the kids. They don't like all the other fancy food at the other Epcot CS, which is a real shame. The food was almost as good as a Panda Express. But what I really like was this chineese fruit ice cream. It was super sweet and yummy. I'd buy that at the supermarket if they sold it.

La Cantina San Angel Again, went here for the kids. They like chips, so this works. Me and the wife had the Tacos Carbon which weren't too bad. I'm used to great Mexican out here in CA, so Epcot doesn't get the good stuff. But it's far better than it was 6 years ago, when we nothing short of angry at how bad the food was. So it's improved. Still, wish the kids would've let us go to Tangeriene Cafe.

PS - the milk chocolate marshmellow bar in Germany is a great snack.

The Hitchhiking Ghost
12-10-2012, 07:14 PM
Our Candlelight Processional was at the Garden Grill at the Land. Basically I was pretty underwhelmed. Mickey was in his farmer fatigues but I would have though Chip and Dale, since they were the signature characters at this meal, had no special costume, at least that I recall.

Food was ok, but as I felt with most of the family style/buffet meals on this trip, not up to par. Not bad, but certainly not the $150-200 it would have cost had I paid out of pocket.

RedSoxFan
12-12-2012, 07:23 AM
We had dinner at LeCellier. It was OK. Not worth the 2TS credits and DH & DS were disappointed with their Porterhouse steaks. DD & I had the NY Strip which was good.