PDA

View Full Version : Fast pass question re time enforcemnt

Lynn J Mc
12-09-2012, 09:57 PM
Are they now enforcing the ending time on FPs? I think i read that somewhere. On all our previous trips it was only the beginning time. Thanks

Capt_redshirt
12-09-2012, 10:02 PM
I think with them rolling out the next gen project they are going to start being more strict on times for FP

Fangorn
12-09-2012, 10:27 PM
Yes, they are enforcing the rerun time window - both the beginning and the ending times.

Steve

1DisneyNut
12-09-2012, 11:14 PM
When we were there at the end of July, they were enforcing the return times. I have been saying for years they should have been enforcing them and it was nice that they were doing so. When we used a fastpass we actually walked right on to rides as a fastpass was intended and when we were in regular que lines later in the day and evening we didn't have to stand and watch hundreds of people go through the fastpass line using fastpasses they had collected earlier in the day and were obviously past their deadline. The fastpass system was actually working as originally intended.

Gator
12-10-2012, 12:10 AM
I had one set of CMs let us on Test Track 5 mins before the stated time during the soft opening. That's the only grace I saw the entire trip on those fastpasses.

ginger19
12-10-2012, 08:06 AM
They were very strict when we were there over thanksgiving. The only grace we saw was that we were let on 3 minutes ahead for one on Soarin. The CM's were warning people that they would not let them on if they were late.

A Big Kid
12-10-2012, 08:17 AM
Just came back. We went early for just about every fastpass at each park and no one looked closely.

Kplaster
12-10-2012, 09:26 AM
I have never had an ending time enforced. I've had to come back after the first alotted time but not be there before the ending time.

ThanxForNoticin
12-10-2012, 12:34 PM
The last 2 times we've been there (both within the last 4 months), they were definitely enforcing the return time listed on the pass. I saw several turned away. The one we saw right in front of us, the people were 5 hours late and were told no. I suppose a couple minutes late might not be an issue, but I understand they're trying to crack down a bit on the people that collect several fast passes during the day and use them later.

Disney Goof
12-10-2012, 03:36 PM
The overwhelming response from CMs is that they are allowed to let you in the Fast Pass line 5 minutes before the first time listed. As far as being late, they said that it is expired after the last time listed. I'm sure there is at least a 5 minutes cushion there too though.

We were just there two weeks ago.

The Hitchhiking Ghost
12-10-2012, 07:01 PM
What I noticed to is that they usually had two CM's stationed at fastpass. One at the entrance to the ride and the 2nd right as you enter the joint area after you've walked thru the entire FP queue. So the first person should warn you ahead of time that it has expired without you going all the way thru then rejected at the ride itself.

We never pushed the late arrival but as noted by others, I think more than once we were 5 minutes or so early and got on.

Again as noted by others, with the enforcement, it felt like the FP lanes were working as intended.

Lynn J Mc
12-10-2012, 09:14 PM
Thanks all. I thought I had read that.

joanna71985
12-14-2012, 09:15 PM
I have never had an ending time enforced. I've had to come back after the first alotted time but not be there before the ending time.

That won't work anymore, unfortunately. End times are being enforced

Zawadi
12-15-2012, 05:21 AM
We saw a couple being turned away from Soarin for turning up 25 minutes after the end of their FP window.

That was when we were at Florida Mall with 45 minutes until the end of our FP window. We made it with 2 minutes to spare. Staying at the YC helped a lot :)

disneymom2000
12-15-2012, 08:21 AM
I think they are preparing people for the Next Gen of the FP. I was sent with the trial FP on my recent trip. Since the pass is electronic the pole will keep an "eye" on the FP time noted on the card itself. When you wave it in front of the pole and you are within your time, the light turns green and the castmember knows you are there correctly. Otherwise you are turned away. I was very glad to see this as many people were trying to use their regular fastpasses many hours later then when the time issued for them and the castmembers would turn them away. Once it was a group of about 23. At least now the "pole" will be able to make that decision instead of the human and maybe less castmembers will be verbally abused by rude guests. Oh and there is a leeway of about 5 min built into the system.

Goes4FastPass
12-20-2012, 03:26 PM
FPs now have printed right on them, "Cannot accomodate arrivals after the return time.
And they don't.

Main Street Jim
12-20-2012, 11:00 PM
I have never had an ending time enforced. I've had to come back after the first allotted time but not be there before the ending time.You've always had to come back "after the first allotted time"; it's *after* the ending times that they're now enforcing. Guests would hold onto their FastPasses all day and "come back later" (later than their one-hour window) to use them. This would then crowd up those later FP return times with guests that had earlier FP's, but didn't use them as intended.

You can return *any time* within your one-hour window.

WDWdriver
12-21-2012, 10:14 AM
I had to turn away several groups yesterday when they arrived well past the end of their FP window.