PDA

View Full Version : Vero Beach Resort Laundry?

Zimkeeper
12-08-2012, 03:24 PM
We are headed for WDW in 3 weeks :mickey:. We are staying for 5 nights then heading to Disney's Vero Beach Resort for 4 more nights before heading home to winter in PA.
Dose anyone know if there are laundry facilities at Vero Beach or do I need to take some time before we leave WDW to do some laundry?

Christine
12-09-2012, 12:42 AM
There are laundry facilities. Are you staying in the Inn? it's on the fourth floor. You will LOVE vero!!! It's my favorite ! :number1:

Zimkeeper
12-09-2012, 08:15 AM
Thank you so much:thumbsup: We are staying at the Inn in an oceanview room. It is our first time there and I think I am looking forward to that part of our trip as much as the first part at WDW:blush:

Christine
12-09-2012, 12:25 PM
Thank you so much:thumbsup: We are staying at the Inn in an oceanview room. It is our first time there and I think I am looking forward to that part of our trip as much as the first part at WDW:blush:

Well you definitely are on the right track! Ocean view inn rooms are spectacular! BUT! Please heed this warning at Check-In! Ask to see on the map where your room is! According to Florida real estate, a view can be considered "ocean view" if you can look out the window or balcony and see a spot of ocean in anyway ( they consider pool view am ocean view because if you lean WAY out & look sharp left you will see the tips of the water)

Let them know you'd like to be lobby side straight on. You have to request that. If its available, they'll do it :)

Have a great time! And tell my home away from home that I said hi!

missymouseworld
12-09-2012, 01:34 PM
Christine:
I know you live in FL and have been to Vero a few times, can you tell me what the weather will be like (approx) for the end of March? We are planning on Vero for the week before Easter this year (since our Nov trip had to be cancelled due to Sandy) and I am hoping the weather will be beach/pool weather.
Thanks........

Zimkeeper
12-09-2012, 02:49 PM
Thanks for the heads -up. We will be sure to ask for a room with a "real" view!

Christine
12-09-2012, 03:11 PM
Christine:
I know you live in FL and have been to Vero a few times, can you tell me what the weather will be like (approx) for the end of March? We are planning on Vero for the week before Easter this year (since our Nov trip had to be cancelled due to Sandy) and I am hoping the weather will be beach/pool weather.
Thanks........

It'll be great weather! Not to hot yet. The water is always cold (east coast) and it may be chilly coming out of the water, but it ought to be FABULOUS!

Thanks for the heads -up. We will be sure to ask for a room with a "real" view!

:thumbsup:

missymouseworld
12-09-2012, 04:53 PM
Christine.....Thanks for the weather info! (we are used to the cool ocean temps at the Jersey Shore)

BTW, do they have alot of activities for the kids (10 yr & 16 yr) to do besides the pool?
When we stayed at the Beach Club last vacation, they enjoyed the pool activities, etc.

Christine
12-09-2012, 05:39 PM
Christine.....Thanks for the weather info! (we are used to the cool ocean temps at the Jersey Shore)

BTW, do they have alot of activities for the kids (10 yr & 16 yr) to do besides the pool?
When we stayed at the Beach Club last vacation, they enjoyed the pool activities, etc.

By the pool and more. There is archery, bead making, nature walks, and tie dye shirt making. There are also different crafts and different family activities (bingo, etc)

By the pool- Don't miss SLIDE RACES! DH took 3rd & 1st places. Hint: SUNTAN OIL! You'll fly!

missymouseworld
12-10-2012, 06:38 AM
Thanks much! Sounds like they have a lot of things to keep everyone busy (if you want to be). Take care.

JMTStone
12-10-2012, 12:55 PM
We were just there in May and we found that once we were given a calendar of events when we arrived with our room key. Our 11 (then 10) year old daughter picked the things she wanted to do. She chose the UnBirthday party and Tye Die T-Shirt activity. I believe I paid 15 dollars for the t-shirt activity.

But we ALL participated in the Disney trivia games poolside. Lots of fun and small prizes given.

Also, there's a character breakfast with Goofy and Donald.